DUC on dyno - Page 2 - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
But I would take a Duc over a GSXR 10 ways to sunday!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:12 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
But I would take a Duc over a GSXR 10 ways to sunday!
unless I had money just falling out of my pockets... I wouldn't own a duc... too many better bikes for less money... and less maintenance. Duc's are awsome machines... just out of my price range... and as long as it puts a smile on my face... I don't care what it's name is...
ebbs15 is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 44
DUC'S are the best second bike i'v ever owned, you just cant beat the big four for price, bang for the buck, reliability, ease of maintanence, etc.
odawg315 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:57 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by odawg315 View Post
DUC'S are the best second bike i'v ever owned, you just cant beat the big four for price, bang for the buck, reliability, ease of maintanence, etc.
I've heard just the opposite! from a number of people... don't know about the reliability though
ebbs15 is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:26 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 44
well than "people" have been smoking somthing. if you are a trained race mechanic than by all means you cant beat a ducati, but if you wanna ride trouble free the japs have it down! my 996sps was the best bike for the track i have owned, but to make the same power as my gixxer stock it had to be rebuilt every race day!! call ferracci's and see what it takes to keep a duc in the 160rwp range...LOL hope you have DEEP pockets.
odawg315 is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 03:44 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by odawg315 View Post
well than "people" have been smoking somthing. if you are a trained race mechanic than by all means you cant beat a ducati, but if you wanna ride trouble free the japs have it down! my 996sps was the best bike for the track i have owned, but to make the same power as my gixxer stock it had to be rebuilt every race day!! call ferracci's and see what it takes to keep a duc in the 160rwp range...LOL hope you have DEEP pockets.
If you have a Duc you probly have enough loot to keep it running.



marko138 is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 44
not true, i know alot of guys that spent 15-20k on a nice duc not knowing what there getting into, they see that for an extra 4-5k over the price of a gsxr they can have a "ferrari", yeh chicks will dig it untill the valve service comes!!! dont get me wrong here, im not trying to bash ducati's i was a semi sponcered rider for 3yrs, love them and can WELL afford one, just that the japs offer better bang for the buck, this isnt a new concept!!!
odawg315 is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 05:56 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by odawg315 View Post
not true, i know alot of guys that spent 15-20k on a nice duc not knowing what there getting into, they see that for an extra 4-5k over the price of a gsxr they can have a "ferrari", yeh chicks will dig it untill the valve service comes!!! dont get me wrong here, im not trying to bash ducati's i was a semi sponcered rider for 3yrs, love them and can WELL afford one, just that the japs offer better bang for the buck, this isnt a new concept!!!
I hear you.



marko138 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome