Two Wheel Forums banner

speakers

3K views 48 replies 11 participants last post by  Grafixx01 
#1 ·
:yikes: my truck is going to be so bad arse.......i have an Orion H2 2500watt woofer and i am gettting an amp today i got an alarm too....... i cant wait to get it all hooked up but that is a TOP OF THE LINE woofer and i am getting the amp today so havent decided what one yet :dthumb:

#4 ·
nope same old truck

#6 ·
DLITALIEN said:
JL's are the best woofers IMO. Oh yeah :withstupi
:nonod: naww im just kiddin i dont know a lot about them but nobody has orions...they are to expensive and are mainly for shows i guess.....but i got a hook up from a guy i know so i got a 15 inch 2500watt orion :dthumb: :dthumb: :yikes: :yikes: i cant wait to hear it i think i will install it today

#7 ·
chev said:
oh my God...................I've never laughed so hard over a post until that one Ace.
you guys suck.......i know the truck is a pice of **** stock but i am trien to pimp it out a lil okay :wink:

#10 ·
OMG It's the Peter Pan freak...I freaking love that guys site...he has the coolest outfits....... :rofl: Ok sorry joking...

Bulldog, man, save your money for a better truck. Then when you get something sweet pimp it out. I mean seriously....I see so many people driving around in $200 Pintos with a freaking $2000.00 system...... What's the point???

#11 ·
3BoyzNaBike said:
OMG It's the Peter Pan freak...I freaking love that guys site...he has the coolest outfits....... :rofl: Ok sorry joking...

Bulldog, man, save your money for a better truck. Then when you get something sweet pimp it out. I mean seriously....I see so many people driving around in $200 Pintos with a freaking $2000.00 system...... What's the point???
HOLY CRAP :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#13 ·
DLITALIEN said:
JL's are the best woofers IMO. Oh yeah :withstupi

Um, CERWIN VEGA STROKERS are the ONLY ones to go with if you want a good sub. Granted last time I saw them, well they were only available in 12", 15" and 18" sizes but they are used for competitions. They'll blow up a JL sub any day. As far as amps, well, they all are kinda the same except you just gotta look at the cooling methods and mounting properties. :2cents:

#15 ·
DLITALIEN said:
I've always had good experiences with JL's. if it aint broke don't fix it right.

Very true. I didn't intend on insulting JL Audio subs, they are just too too common. They are that way cause of the simple fact that they are inexpensive, or moderately priced depending on where you get them from. If you're going to do the installs yourself, or just want to read up on some, check out this site. They also give you install instructions specifically tailored to your vehicle. Makes for an easier installation if you are even a slightly bit mechanically inclined.

#17 ·
Gas Man said:
To be young again!!! LMAO!!!
I hear you. I remember the day of doing all that stuff. We were building our own boxes and wiring up full vehicles. I remember doing a couple of my buddies cars.....$600 wheels with kick arse systems in them that blew away almost anyone.

#18 ·
The Orion subs are ok, but they don't sound as good as they use to back in the day. Now they are too much for the bang you get out of them. Same way with the new orion amps, they're not built like they use to.
I went with 2 JL W6's, 1 JBL 1200.1 mono block amp, audio bahn cross over, 1 fared rockford capacitor, JL 6.5" components, Panasonic headunit, with dvd playback, and a clarion overhead flip down screen. All in a 2004 Chevy Colorado single cab! Now talk about a system. Common man I am an audio visual install tech with the worlds 5th largest engineering company, LOL I've been doin this stuff for a while, I use to be a mobile install tech at best buy glad im outa that place.

#21 ·
zx636r said:
u wanna go big, JL W7 lol you should hear them.
it only has 500 constant and peaks at 1000!!!!!

the one i got peaks at 2500 and has at least 2000 constant

#22 ·
lol young bull, you read what the watt range starts at. lol you have alot to learn young one, go to JL web page and bring up the spec sheets you will see that they catagorize the safty of the sub and JL voids there warrenty at 4000watts RMS they can easily do 2000rms

#23 ·
bulldog said:
it only has 500 constant and peaks at 1000!!!!!

the one i got peaks at 2500 and has at least 2000 constant
You will never use that much, and you won't want to pay the money for a true amp with true wattage @ 2000 constant.

#24 ·
SVupON1 said:
You will never use that much, and you won't want to pay the money for a true amp with true wattage @ 2000 constant.
yeah i know lol my amp has 600 constant and peaks at 980

but someday i will

#25 ·
zx636r said:
lol young bull, you read what the watt range starts at. lol you have alot to learn young one, go to JL web page and bring up the spec sheets you will see that they catagorize the safty of the sub and JL voids there warrenty at 4000watts RMS they can easily do 2000rms
http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/headtohead/w7.cfm

i dont know thats just what I got out of this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.