Two Wheel Forums banner

Speed channel tuesdays

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  bumblebee 
#1 ·
Well i missed Two wheel tuesday because the time changed. But not only that, but its a half hour now. HALF HOUR?!?!? Anyway i came in during Texas hardtails, and was confused. I thought it was a real shop, but now it has its own fictional series apparently. After that was Build or Bust, now this i actually like solely on athetic appeal. The camera and editing is top notch and sans-rock and roll dribble. But still not alot learned for a building show. Speed Channel Tuesdays has stumbled as far as im concerned. Time change is good but TWT is a half hour now, and the other shows are forgettable. Of course all that is bookended by NASCAR. :2cents:

#2 ·
Two wheel tuesday, the show, is a squid joke! Everytime I watch that show they have nuttin but a bunch of squided out busa crap on it. Who needs a stretched out busa, with air ride, a dvd player, remote start, all wrapped in fancy paint and chrome!! :gary:

#6 ·
Todd said:
I stand by my original comment when this topic came up last - Greg White is a tool.

You know, now that you mention it (again), youre right!

This is how two wheel tuesdays work for me.

1. I gotta remember its Tuesday (harder than it seems some weeks)
2. When its about that time I flip it to SPEED, and I have to wait for Corbin's Ride On to finish up.
3. 3 I wait for Greg White to tell me what the whole show is about (and not in the order he says its in, if anyone has noticed). From here I see if the show is cool enough to watch or just :gary: and then watch sports or the little lady makes me watch something with her.

Lately two wheel tuesday has been really :gary: and this 30 minute setup sucks even more. I couldnt sit around and wait for the Moto GP recap, which was the first or second thing he mentioned in the intro. I had to eat (late dinner). I get the feeling Two wheel tuesdays are going to get canceled soon. If anybody watched it, did he even mention much about Moto GP the previous weekend? Rossi was in 6th for the earlier part of the race and ended up passing everyone and took the checkered flag! I get the feeling he didnt, and if he did, it wasnt for that long and he made it seem unimportant. I agree with everyones elses comments about the content of the show. Its weak as of late. All I can say is I hope it improves or its ratings are going to go :flush:, then the show goes :flush:

#7 ·
I still like it... its better than anything any other network offers us motorcyclists... and as long as speed keeps on playin MotoGP, AMA, and WSB races, I will continue to support speed.

I am unhappy with thier choices though. Like shortening 2WT AGAIN.... and like deciding WSB needs to be delayed til tues mornin instead of showing them on Sundays.

#8 ·
pickle.of.doom said:
I still like it... its better than anything any other network offers us motorcyclists... and as long as speed keeps on playin MotoGP, AMA, and WSB races, I will continue to support speed.

:iagree: P.O.D. SPEED, in general, and their sunday racing schedule is usually solid! Cant get enough of Sunday racing. However, its the Tuesday programming I have the issues with. As far as Two Wheel Tuesdays are concerned, its just missing something. I mean for crying out loud they had Matt Mladdin on the show for the first time, and all he did was just ask really crappy questions pretty much the whole time! Oh wait, now I remember whats missing, the other 30 minutes of the show! Their whole tuesday evening lineup is starting to suck. I hope they pick it up soon.

#9 ·
First off, all of you need TiVo. All I know is that it's on Tuesday's, but with TiVo I don't even need to know that. It records it for me whenever it's on.

Secondly, I skip past all of the commercials and AMA dirt track stuff I don't care about. There are good parts to the show, and every once in awhile they do a segment on something like Crash-Pads or interview a rider like Mladin etc.

I wish there was more of an emphasis on sportbikes, but it's still the best (read: only) show out there like it.

#10 ·
ShanMan14 said:
First off, all of you need TiVo. All I know is that it's on Tuesday's, but with TiVo I don't even need to know that. It records it for me whenever it's on.

Secondly, I skip past all of the commercials and AMA dirt track stuff I don't care about. There are good parts to the show, and every once in awhile they do a segment on something like Crash-Pads or interview a rider like Mladin etc.

I wish there was more of an emphasis on sportbikes, but it's still the best (read: only) show out there like it.
:iagree: Just signed up for digi HDTV cable with DVR. Now if I could only find a second jobby job to pay for my freekin rediculous cable bill. :bash:

#11 ·
I typically catch Two Wheel every Tuesday but remebered the time format had changed. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the wife had me watching the BET Awards last night. It sounds like I didn't miss much.

I have watched Build or Bust on Wednesday's and after the first few episodes, it sucked!! The editing and commetary by the producer irritated the sh@t out of me. How many times can you watch and see the exact same thing each week - no one makes the 30 day deadline. I am not sure if these are new episodes but the first 10 or so, only one had succeeded, barely... I don't think I'll be tuning in for that again.

Anyone ever catch Top Dead Center on Saturday mornings? It was on SpikeTv if I remember correctly. It wasn't bad but it didn't last long.

#12 ·
I love NASCAR and I love bikes, but Speed on Tuesdays sucks now. Even when 2WT was an hour, it seemed like half of it was always filled with trials bikes. I'd rather watch people ride an oval on Vespas than watch another minute of trials bikes.

So, the only thing I'll do is flip over to American Thunder for a minute to see what Michelle Smith is wearing. :here:

#14 ·
I do have a DVR, but I've just stopped recording 2WT. You're right, they do have some cool stuff on from time to time, though, and I'll flip back and forth sometimes. Last night, though, I was watching the NBA draft.

On a side note, Roenick did an interview on SportsCenter yesterday that was pretty good.. you may be able to catch it on ESPN again today, or on their site.

#15 ·
EID... said:
Anyone ever catch Top Dead Center on Saturday mornings? It was on SpikeTv if I remember correctly. It wasn't bad but it didn't last long.
I liked that show. Sucks that its pulled. TWTuesday: Greg Whites interviews are aweful! not only does he ask predictable questions that can be answered with rhetoric, but he asks the same question over and over in diffrent words. Its the only show of its type on TV but c'mon... :disapp:
I watch auto racing too (non nascar) but if SPEED fouls up its sunday MC RAcing programming.... im out.

#18 ·
Amen! TDC was pretty good, but the production company dropped it to focus on their truck programming. A real shame......hopefully something can replace it soon. Last time I spoke with the guys at 2Wheel Tuner they were working on a TV deal - hopefully they will chime in soon.

EIDROEDYR said:

#20 ·
Ace said:
:iagree: Just signed up for digi HDTV cable with DVR. Now if I could only find a second jobby job to pay for my freekin rediculous cable bill. :bash:
The comcast hidef dvr? If so you'll love it! The Hi-Def is awesome and the DVR is evern better!!!

#22 ·
I moved out here on the dirt road where we don't have cable...Let me tell you...it was a real sacrifice to spend $ 4.00 more per month to put that 180 channel dish on the roof!!! :lol: ...I'm trying to negotiate a price for internet now...my dial up out here crawls...Does anyone have experience with satellite internet??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.