Two Wheel Forums banner

I think I found my new bike!

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
Ever since I sold the Monster, I have been looking for a new sporty but comfy bike. I stumbled across this Yamaha MT 01 on the net. Its a Euro model only right now and is slated to hit the States for 06.

It has all the right stuff to be supper sporty and comfy at the same time. I love the look. (not sure about the head light) The big twin should have plenty of torque for two up ridding as well.
Just thought I would share. Link to Yamaha UK
Other tech stuff for those interested.

Technical Info

Engine
Engine type 4-stroke, V-Twin engine, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder
Engine cooling Air cooled
Displacement 1,670cc
Bore x stroke 97 x 113mm
Compression ratio 8.36:1
Maximum power 66.3kW (90 HP) @ 4,750rpm
Maximum torque 150.1Nm (15.3 kg-m) @ 3,750rpm
Lubrication system Dry sump
Carburettor Fuel injection
Clutch type Wet, multiple-disc
Ignition system TCI
Starter system Electric
Transmission system Constant mesh, 5-speed
Final transmission Chain
Fuel tank capacity 15 litres (3 litres)
Oil tank capacity 5 litres

Chassis
Front suspension system Telescopic Fork
Front travel 120mm
Rear suspension system Swing arm (Link suspension)
Rear travel 117mm
Front brake Dual floating discs, Ø 320 mm
Rear brake Single floating disc, Ø 267 mm
Front tyre 120/70 ZR17 (58W)
Rear tyre 190/50 ZR17 (73W)

Dimensions
Length (mm) 2,185mm
Width (mm) 790mm
Height (mm) 1,160mm
Seat height (mm) 825mm
Wheel base (mm) 1,525mm
Minimum ground clearance (mm) 140mm
Dry weight (kg) 240 kg

See less See more
#3 ·
Need4Speed said:
Damn another bike!! That's awesome!! now if u dont ride some of the others, I'll be happy to take them off your hands!! :lol:
:withstupi but can somebody please covert that stuff to SAE!! I'm too lazy to do it myself...

#9 ·
Need4Speed said:
Damn another bike!! That's awesome!! now if u dont ride some of the others, I'll be happy to take them off your hands!! :lol:
What you talking about?
All I have right now is the 998 and 05 Gixxer 1000. I sold the Gixxer 600 and the Monster to buy the new Gixxer.
Guideon72 said:
Super sweet big twin! Although, from the pics it doesn't look like it's really got room for 2up...looks like they'd be strattling the pipe mostly.
On a recent trip to the Honda Hoot in Knoxville Tenn.. I found one under the Corbin tent. They had it for product test fitting. They brought it just to show off their products on other than Honda products.
JK_DILLA said:
Is this the V MAX replacement?...
I think so!

#15 ·
Vader would be jealous with his little Speeder.
Like most Big Twins, this thing should rip out of the hole :yikes: and fall on its face about 120. :disapp: With the suspension setup properly it should handle better than any FZ or like bike on the road. :drool:

#16 ·
The nakids are nice, i love mine... but 90HP???? I'd be looking a lot higher... esp for a 1000cc.... either the Z1000 or the new 05+ Speed Triple. The new Triple is certainly NICE... without losing much torque coming from a twin, but gettign neartly all the gain of a 4.

#17 ·
ScottSellersUNR said:
The nakids are nice, i love mine... but 90HP???? I'd be looking a lot higher... esp for a 1000cc.... either the Z1000 or the new 05+ Speed Triple. The new Triple is certainly NICE... without losing much torque coming from a twin, but gettign neartly all the gain of a 4.
Its not about the power as much as the look and comfort that I like.
The Z1000 is high on the list of canadates.

#18 ·
the Z1000 is as comfy as any of the nakids that can still play with the SS. Only thing youd ever wanna change for comfort is maybe a taller screen for long trips and a corbin seat.. though mine stock is comfy for a 4 hour trip once its broke in.....
And ive never heard one bad thing about the Triple.. only down side is its a bit pricer... But if comfort is ALL u want your on the wrong type of bike.. the Duc might be comfy but u know u enjoy its performance too.. i just hgtink if u dont wanna go crusier u should get the performance u will stay happy with too... cheaper then sellin it in a year cuz its a bore.

#19 ·
ScottSellersUNR said:
the Duc might be comfy but u know u enjoy its performance too.. i just hgtink if u dont wanna go crusier u should get the performance u will stay happy with too... cheaper then sellin it in a year cuz its a bore.
:iagree: We are on the same page!:yesnod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.