Two Wheel Forums banner

Attn: GAP Riders...IMPORTANT message concerning motels....MUST READ! DON'T STAY HERE!

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 · (Edited)
Allow me to tell you a story...a story about a group of riders and The Princess Motel of Maryville!! :readng: This gets a bit long but it's worth you saving some $$$ and time!!!
Princess Motel

Ok as many of you already know... WOS went to the GAP at the end of May to have a second annual trip. One of our members called around and got a good price on a bunch of motel rooms. We put in for 5 rooms. All was set.... so we thought!!!! :tt:

We drive down with no incidents. Get to the motel and Twisty and I go inside to pay. We were suppose to get the rooms for $212 for 6 nights. A good price for these lower quality rooms. We go inside and the POS behind the counter wants to charge us like $275 per room. :bonk:

So we reluctantly pay the charge and go outside and tell everybody. They decide that a few are going to check out some other motels in the area. While we deal with this, we check out the rooms and they are not up to par. So we have a bait & switch and crappy rooms. Then the others find the Day's Inn down the street with better rooms for the same $275 per room. So we decide we are going to bounce. We've only been there for about 30 mins and nobody has unloaded anything or occupied the room. :flush:

So now the bad stuff starts... we go inside and polietly ask for a full refund because we didn't appreciate the bait & switch and weren't satisfied with the rooms. The POS says no refund. "His room cards say no refund!" We point out that it says no refund once the room has been ocupied for one day or one week. We haven't occupied them at all. :wbs: He says no! :cursin:

So we call the cops... 2 Maryville cruisers show up and go inside to get the scoop. They come out and say "First off, we did the right thing by calling the cops. However, we picked about the worse motel in the city. The problem is that nothing criminal has occured. While we are 100% in the right, he tried to pursway the POS into issuing a refund so we can just go elsewhere, but the POS refused." The cop then suggest we take it up with the County Better Busincess Buerau and maybe a small claims court case.

The cops were awesome but they just couldn't do anything!!! :cry:

We just decide to bounce and claim the charges as fraud on the credit cards. Which we do. Now I have waited to put this in public print because of this matter. However, the banks have all filed in favor of us. We got all our money back and now it's time to spread the word!! :cheers:

DON'T EVER EVER EVER EVER STAY AT THE PRINCESS MOTEL OF MARYVILLE!!!

They will rip you off for their crappy rooms and they are lieing, scum sucking, scam artests. Their sign out front says "Riders Welcome" what it should say is "Rider's Screwed for a minimal fee"!

See less See more
#2 ·
I ask all riders to spread the word on the other forums you're on! Link them to TWF, quote me off TWF...do whatever but let's spread the word like a California wildfire!!!

#5 ·
That's why I stay in the camp ground! $15.00 a night no questions asked, and no problems. It is a PITA to setup and strike. My friend takes a freakin survival kit. tent, sleepingbag, a cot, stove, grill, untencils, plates, firewood, you name it he's got it. I just take my sleeping bag, a tent, a cooler with food, drinks, and beer. Everytime we get caught up in the rain this year my friend spends 2 hours in the freakin rain tearing down. Next time I'm leavin his @ss there to pack up on his own.

#7 ·
Ya he was neither... this guy would make Jetski out to be a saint and everybodies best friend!! I would start other name calling but I want to keep the facts out there and spread the word!

#9 ·
ShanMan14 said:
Wow, glad it wound up in your favor. :dthumb:

Yes, but just barely for some! BTW - from this I also learned NEVER to put charges like lodging on a debit (mastercard) card - you DO NOT have the same protection as charging it to a credit card. It was an ABSOLUTE nightmare and a months worth of letters, submitting statements, copies of receipts, etc. We finally got our money back. I mean, come on - charging people who never stayed there for a weeks worth of lodging - totally ridiculous, VERY BAD customer service and just plain bad business ethics. Defenitely beware of this guy and place - its no good. Even the police that came (we called them) said the guy was a crook.
:puke: on the Princess Motel

#10 ·
:iagree: always watch your purchases on a Debit card, you don't have the same protection as a credit card! I have had a few cases where I have gotten so screwed over. I only use my debit card for in store purchases only now. If its an online thing, I use my real credit card.

#12 ·
Glad to see your ordeal worked out. I can go down there and take care of the problem real cheap. Let me know. :bash:

#13 ·
Well the problem with a debit card is that you at the mercy of your bank. But even with a credit card (exception Dixcover/American Express) you are at the mercy of the bank that issued that VISA or MC.

The important part is that you don't stay at the Princess Motel. If you want to stay down there at a desent but cheap motel... stay here at the Day's Inn.... it even has a live airplane showing! :wink:

#21 ·
Gas Man said:
I ask all riders to spread the word on the other forums you're on! Link them to TWF, quote me off TWF...do whatever but let's spread the word like a California wildfire!!!

Gas Man,

So wait, you're saying this hotel is :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: out of :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: ?

And to stay there any chance that we may get?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.