Two Wheel Forums banner

Gas Prices!!!!

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
Whats the deal with gas prices here lately :yikes: especailly where I live....good lord!!!! :cry: I hate to say it, but its just flat out :wbs: BS!!!

The price goes up ten....to twenty cents a gallon...then when who ever decides to bring it back down, its one two or three pennies at a time....I mean damn people!!!! And with me, I have not only my bikes...but also my SUV to fill. And that's not including my husbands truck, or his bikes....I think we're spending at least 30 to 50 a every two weeks in gas alone!

I mean is it ever going to stop. I remember growing up, when gas used to be .80 cents a gallon....shoot....my parents used to B*tch if gas prices reach a dollar a gallon....now look at it!!! It's over 3.00 dollars a gallon in some places!

If things keep going the way they are...people arent going to be able to afford to pay these kind of prices....in the end, we'll all be back the way things were in the 1800's....wither walking every where....

OR......horse and bugy anyone!!!!!!

#3 · (Edited)
$40 to $50 every two weeks is nothing...I spent that in two days when I drove from Lexington, KY to Cincinatti, OH for work everyday. Hell I spent about $80.00 every two or three days just to go back and forth to work.

Now I live 3 miles 5 minutes from work, I can go on a 1/4 tank all week back and forth to work, however I take a weekend mini vacation every weekend so I am still spending atleast $40.00 a week or more.

Edit>>> and I was paying this much last year in 2004 from June to December.
Isn't there already a thread about gas prices?

#6 ·
bumblebee said:
Enjoy it now, these are the Good Ole Days...it is just going to keep going up...
Have to agree with you on this one.
Big oil just loves having one of their own as President. Nothing stopping big oil from reporting huge record profits every quarter :crazy:

#8 ·
The good ole days of under $1!! :D

It's all about supply and demand.

Let's also remember to keep this friendly and non-political. Too many threads on these subjects get jacked fast!

#9 ·
Gas Man said:
The good ole days of under $1!! :D

It's all about supply and demand.

:lol:

Have you happened to notice big oil profits last few years :scratch:
ExxonMobile over $25 billion 2004 :crazy:
http://www.oilcompanies.net will provide you information, on how Americans are being bilked by big oil.

#11 ·
I figure before its all said and done...will be living like the Amish LOL.....not that I'm saying that's a bad thing...some people are into living like that. :scratch: Screwy :screwy:

However....NOT ME! I love being able to drive somewhere and it not taking me ALL day to get there :dthumb:

#12 ·
Multiply what you feel when you look at the pump prices by about 8 and then you have some idea of the feeling someone like Jeeps must have when they see that :yikes: The prices now are ridiculous, but unless everyone were to quit buying gas it's not gonna change. Besides...if no one bought gas, the states would figure out something ELSE to tax into oblivion...

#13 ·
Well that may be true Jetski... but you almost see other companies like Home Depot and Ford making huge profits... yet the complaigning about the price of cars go less noticed... Oh and have you seen the price of ceral? It's Flippin crazy! I think I bought a box yesterday at Meijer and paid like $4.79 for 16 oz of ceral.... MAN O MAN!

#16 ·
Gas Man said:
Well that may be true Jetski... but you almost see other companies like Home Depot and Ford making huge profits... yet the complaigning about the price of cars go less noticed... Oh and have you seen the price of ceral? It's Flippin crazy! I think I bought a box yesterday at Meijer and paid like $4.79 for 16 oz of ceral.... MAN O MAN!

See, that's one of your Yankee things...I can buy a 5lb bag of Grits for under 2 bucks...:lol: $ 4.79 for cereal, $4.00 for cup of Starbucks... :scratch: And they tell us southerners how dumb we are... :whistle:

#17 ·
Too funny Bee... but seriously... look at how much the price of everything has gone up. You have to figure the price of gas is going to as well. So it's went up 100% in the last 5 years... call it, money made up, from not raising it in the past. Whatever, it's America and if somebody can make more money in the process of selling a product then they are going to.

#19 ·
Gas Man said:
Home Depot, Ford profits not even close to Exxon's $25 billion profit in 2004.
If you noticed only few big oil companies around, since oil company buy outs started with Bush in office :scratch: Big oil has monopoly on American gas consumer. Without any checks consumer going to get shaft :nonod:
Gas prices effect price of everything in this country, Bee even your DR's lab tests fee's :crazy:
Since people donot care about gas prices, price will continue to rise until people stop using gas.
With that said, off to start 900 mile trip to vacation home, using plenty of gas :lol:

#25 ·
ShanMan14 said:
My gas usage has remained the same, even increased. The higher prices just mean I gripe more, that's all. I still need to get from point A to point B and will buy gas no matter what it costs. :(
:withstupi I'm in the same situation!

#26 ·
99birdv6 said:
How about a lap dance at Circus Circus? Man, they are fetching $25 a song now. Thats ridiculous. :bonk:

For $25 it better come with "Happy Ending"!!!! :dthumb: :lol:

I agree with some, regardless of gas prices we all have to get from point A to B. Fortunately for me I have a company paid vehicle which covers gas, insurance, maintenence, etc. SO I dont tend to pay much attention to gas prices, until the credit card bill comes each month and I realize how much it costs to fill my wifes vehicle! :yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.