Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I need more milage from my tires!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I want the best of both worlds!

Votes: 13 44.8%

What type of tires do you buy?

4K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  Todd 
#1 ·
Do you go for performence or milage or somin in the middle?? (see poll)

I use to try to get something in the middle.. not the stickiest so that I get some desent milage...but as I find myself pushing it harder I'm going more for sticky....

#2 ·
Living in a flat-and-straight state, mileage is more necessary, sadly :cry: The few curves I ride typically have gravel so stickiness wouldn't really help there anyway.

'Course track day needs are opposite, but I presume that wasn't your angle.

#3 ·
I go for the sticky race compound for the way I ride I need it. Granted I don't get the best mileage out of my Pirilli Diablo's but they are the best tire I have ever used. Pirelli came out with a new tire late last year or early this year called the Pirelli Strata. I really don't know if I want to risk a mileage tire over the stickyness. If I bought the strata's and I didn't like them I would be really pissed off and would be stuck with them.
I have 2 friends that have the strata's one being KatanaMan, and a friend on a 04 SV1000. They are not at my rideing level so they can't tell me how well they handle under high speed curves and such.

#6 ·
I will stay with My battlax 020's or what ever the heck they are. The Sport and highway use are among the highest rated for all round and look as racey as any full soft course tire Ive seen. I think of myself as a more two up Sport tour rider then Sport racer. I am a lot more milder on the street. It that "love my liscens thing". When I do get after it the Battlax has been there so far? :wink:

#13 ·
Really... I have them on my 9R and was the first one in all of WOS or anybody else we ride with to get them. So we'll see how they fair...
I should go home and check the log on the bike and see how many miles I have on them...

#14 ·
We were comparing the Power with a 208. The Power on my Gixxer 1000 and the 208 on a ZX10. We ride mostly together and the tires were installed on the same day. We both have just over 1500 miles on the rear with two track days.
My Power looks about 50% while the 208 only has about 20% left.
I think the power sticks better than the 208 in the first place.

So do you save any money buy buying a 208 if it doesn't last as long?

#15 ·
That's a good comparison....

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Powers and think they are the best tire out there. I haven't heard one person disagree with that POV!! They are dang near the official tire of WOS!

#20 ·
Gas Man said:
Yeah...what did the 1K come with? You said you have powers on it... I don't think it came with those...
BT014's on the 05. They Seemed to be a good tire till I slipped the front at the gap and they were gone. They probably would be a great set of tires for the average rider. Want to buy them! Less than 500 miles.

#23 ·
Mojo said:
I hate 208's. The traction at Fresno's ambient temperature is very comparable to snot.

I love my Pirelli Diablos. They don't slip & slide like the 208's.
AHhh sweet!! I'm glad someone else agrees with me here. Diablo's rule!!!

#24 ·
No SV Powers RULE! Once you go Powers you'll never go back!

Jeeps, no I don't want them...sorry. I had the same problems with the BT10 and BT12's...the rear end slippin out...

:dthumb: Powers :dthumb:

#25 ·
I went German on this last Rear.... ContiRoadAttack

They are listed as a sport tourer but definalty on the psort end of it... at 3K on emm now they are probalby 40% left... due to lots of stright line riding.....I also ride 2 up about 1/2 the time, so an extra 130lbs doesnt make em last any longer............ edges are like 80%... however the i like my license thing kicks in....
Though ive put the bike peg down with a passenger on the road attacks... so i'd have to say for a 5-6K tire i love em... theyd last 6K-8K if i lived on a twisty road and didnt wheelie every other block.

#26 ·
you won't find anything besides the michelin mans on the suzuki. they are by far the best tire i've ran. :yesnod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.