TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: Praise for her... Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-28-2005 10:45 AM
Gas Man by jr!



06-28-2005 12:38 AM
Grafixx01
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84
by the original poster!
to the women and men in service!

As I said before ... I DON'T nor do I .!
06-28-2005 12:33 AM
jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
So I guess the guy that I went to school with who is on "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" , I should well, do what / say what when I see him at our reunion? Cause I know he's probably got a little bit more money than I do.
by the original poster!
to the women and men in service!
06-28-2005 12:27 AM
Grafixx01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
Guy that are all concerned about their hair and nails!

So I guess the guy that I went to school with who is on "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" , I should well, do what / say what when I see him at our reunion? Cause I know he's probably got a little bit more money than I do.
06-27-2005 10:37 PM
Gas Man Guy that are all concerned about their hair and nails!



06-27-2005 10:08 PM
Grafixx01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
Well I know guys that are that way as well...

I don't follow ...
06-27-2005 09:56 PM
Gas Man Well I know guys that are that way as well...



06-27-2005 02:01 PM
Grafixx01 And their "scientific evidence" is not completely true for everyone cause I know females in the military that can spank a guy in push-ups and a 2-mile run. So yeah, it doesn't matter. However, they may be worried about their hair and nails!
06-27-2005 01:38 PM
Gas Man I was thinking about that...but can't say I can back up either side with fact... so which ever...



06-27-2005 01:15 PM
Grafixx01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
I agree if they are going to make it equal then make it equal.

However, women don't have the same upper body strength that men have. (this is from a medical standpoint don't give me times when it's wrong) This would include sit-ups. In order for a woman to gain male type strength she would have to have testgerone either by steroids or by taking a estrogen blocker. But the sideeffects of that would be BAD for many reasons.

Gas Man,

Unfortunately you are wrong on the sit-ups category. It has been medically proven that women's abdominal region is significantly stronger than a males from the start due to the simple fact that they give birth to children, well at least if they do it traditionally.
06-27-2005 11:19 AM
Gas Man I agree if they are going to make it equal then make it equal.

However, women don't have the same upper body strength that men have. (this is from a medical standpoint don't give me times when it's wrong) This would include sit-ups. In order for a woman to gain male type strength she would have to have testgerone either by steroids or by taking a estrogen blocker. But the sideeffects of that would be BAD for many reasons.

In any affect, yes, Iraq is graying the idea of no front line fighting for women. That's just cause Iraq is completely a pit of hell.

I just support my troops..men, women, and other!





06-26-2005 02:30 PM
Grafixx01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
That is awesome! More congrads to the women that fight along side the men! all around!!!

Yes, yes. Just think that the "going throughs" should be the same for the females. None of this, "Women's upper and lower bodies aren't built the same as men."

My answer, "Well then, women have stronger abdominal muscles, so why they get to still do less sit-ups than the males? And if you want to hold a combat MOS (ie: infantry, field artililery or others) then you should have to pass the same physical fitness tests that the males do."

Nothing wrong with women being in combat, just should have to do the same that the guys do.
06-26-2005 12:09 PM
Gas Man That is awesome! More congrads to the women that fight along side the men! all around!!!



06-25-2005 06:04 PM
Grafixx01
Praise for her...

Silver Star for female soldier
A female National Guard soldier recently was awarded the Silver Star, the nation's third-highest medal for valor, for her role in a firefight with insurgents. Sgt. Leigh Ann Hester of Nashville, Tennessee, is the first woman to receive the award since World War II.

Hester received the Silver Star in a ceremony at Camp Liberty, Iraq, along with two other soldiers from the Kentucky National Guard's 617th Military Police Company.

Three more soldiers received the Bronze Star. Hester's unit thwarted an insurgent ambush against a coalition convoy on March 20. After a 45-minute firefight, 27 insurgents were dead, six wounded, and one captured. Three soldiers from the 617th were wounded. (Full story)

In Falluja, female Marines normally assigned to support units are providing security and searching women and children. According a story on the Marine Corps Web site, six female Marines attached to 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team-8, are stationed at entry control points throughout the southern sector of the city.

At those checkpoints, Iraqi women and children pass through a search area hidden from male Marines and civilians, where the female Marines, known as the Female Search Force, search them. Iraqi men go to a separate area where male Marines search them.

The female Marines also help search vehicles that pass through the checkpoints.

Capt. Sean K. Butler, a 36-year-old commander of the battalion's Weapons Company, said the female Marines have an important role in the battalion's operations.

"It's out of respect for Iraqi culture," he said. "In this society, men and women don't associate as freely as we do in the states."

--I congradulate EVERYONE that serves or has served their country. The United States should be like Isreal and REQUIRE service of males for 4 years and women for a minimum of 2 years right after they get out of high school no matter who you are. IMHO

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome