Two Wheel Forums banner

water vs coke

3K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  tallywacker 
#1 ·
Really an eye opener.... Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of Coke:
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

stole from someone, but still a good read, makes ya think:readng:

See less See more
#17 ·
:withstupi

yea it will, in time. i saw the eppisode the did w/ all the myths about coke. most of them arent true (ie engine grease removal) but some of them are.
I thought they were all either Busted or maybe...

we used to run tests back in school on metal, and oen of the thigns we were told was to use coke to take corrosion away but not to leave it too long cause it'll eat the metal. I've used it on bolts before and it really does work.
Not buying it... Coke comes in aluminum cans... Back in the day it came in glass bottles with steel lids...

Haha, I've seen the coke ones before. Here: http://www.truthminers.com/hoaxarticles/coke.htm Just thought I'd share.

I believe most of the water stuff though. :cheers:
And there it is.:dthumb:

#20 · (Edited)
The average person will lose 7-10 lbs in 6 months just by giving up soft drinks and drinking 4-6 glasses of water a day. One suggestion that makes this easier to accomplish- start taking a large cup to work with you- keep it full of water. This does 2 things... it prevents craving of soft drinks- and promotes your likely-hood of drinking enough water each day. Soon it becomes habit and you'll notice all kinds of benefits.

#21 ·
Truth right there... For a long time I drank absolutly nothing but water... Well, beer on the weekends and V8 the AM after... Now I drink at least 60-80oz of water a day... I refill a 20oz bottle at the water cooler numerous times throughout the day... The only downside is, I am a total water snob now... I won't drink tap water.

#36 ·
becareful with that. you can easily develope a condition called hyperhydrosis. it happens quite a bit to soldiers when they do desert training. that much water will remove the "electrolytes" (potassium and sodium) from the cells of your body. Potassium and sodium are what make your body work properly. Hyperhydrosis is worse than dehydration. If you go down and someone sticks and IV in you thinking you are dehydrated then it will kill you.

make sure you put down some sports drinks or food with all that water if you are sweating a lot.

#31 ·
nobody ever stops to think about the downside of drinking water though.

you wake up in the middle of the night and have to debate whether or not you should hit the pisser (which you do, every time)

You end up taking a pee every hour at work and the people you work with soon suspect you are goin away to whack off

you automatically become an advocate of watter and think you're better than everybody else because you drink more water than them

You marvel at how crystal clear your urine is in public bathrooms

you expose yourself to large quantities of bacteria while taking frequent trips to the bathroom

you increase your risk or bladder fatigue

your urethra may become enlarged and you could develop a slow leak

you may fart while peeing so much and poop your pants

the list goes on.

#32 ·
Actually, if you consistanly drink larger quantities of water, your body becomes accostumed to it, and you won't be makeing hourly trips to the restroom. More trips than if you are dehydrated, but not a constant back and forth.
And NTS, you are the only one teased about whacking off every hour. :lol:

#42 ·
You can deffinatly drink too much water though. I have done it plenty of times in the desert. After a week of drinking nothing but large quantities of water you blood sugar will start dropping. If your like me and really the only large sugar input into your body is soda it will eventually kick your ass. It was in iraq i was drinking like 4-6 or even more liters of water a day and after two weeks i thought i was lifeless. I drank a coke and felt the energy return to myself. No it wasnt caffene withdraw because i was drinking plenty of black coffee at that time as well.:2cents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.