TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums

TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums (https://www.twowheelforum.com/forum.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.twowheelforum.com/21-general-off-topic/)
-   -   Sunburn! (https://www.twowheelforum.com/21-general-off-topic/19570-sunburn.html)

cloner_357 07-10-2007 08:41 PM

Sunburn!

Any of you know of any good remedys for sunburns?

I went to the lake sat and sunday, and both of them days I burnt.. bad..

monday morning.. i blistered.. i asked a few people.. and they said Use Aloe.. I tried it.. just dried the skin and hurt more.. i tried Tea.. it worked so/so i tried Milk.. it dried and hurt aswell! so some one said Mouthwash.. Im like.. WTF? wouldn't that burn like hell? they said they don't know they never tried it. he heard it from word of mouth.. i'm thinking.. ok wtf.. im in pain nothing else is working.. i grabbed the mottle of mouth wash.. spotted it on first to see if it burns.. nope... it doesnt.. so i rubbed it on my right arm, and about 30s-1min latter after i was done.. the burning went away. the tender red.. went a little lighter.. and i can move it with out it hurting.. now.. im gona go put it on my left arm.. :D

Notes: for future refrence.. try mouthwash on sunburns!

VatorMan 07-10-2007 08:46 PM

:baha: I'm laughing with you not at you.:leaving:

cloner_357 07-10-2007 08:49 PM

i don't care if any one laughs at me.. it made the burning go away and the redness go down.. :D im happy.

PlayfulGod 07-10-2007 09:01 PM

:slol: try a hot bath:dthumb: :cheers:

1hottbikechic 07-10-2007 09:21 PM

Sounds funny and is super messy but flour, wet some and make it into paste, and let it dry... works like a charm!!! :dthumb:

TOMMYTOM 07-10-2007 09:24 PM

I'll have to remember this one- mouthwash for sunburn... I hope this isn't some kind of cruel joke. :tt:

TATER 07-10-2007 09:49 PM

percocet or vicodin mixed with large amounts of alcohol works wonders too..........

Gas Man 07-10-2007 10:13 PM

Mouthwash...check...

cloner_357 07-10-2007 10:29 PM

freeriders98 07-11-2007 12:55 AM

You all have some crazy ideas. I always have a bottle of aloe vera in the fridge. Cold aloe is the best thing ever to put on a bad sunburn. I'm from phoenix getting burnt is a normal thing for me.

nghtybkr 07-11-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeriders98 (Post 389700)
You all have some crazy ideas. I always have a bottle of aloe vera in the fridge. Cold aloe is the best thing ever to put on a bad sunburn. I'm from phoenix getting burnt is a normal thing for me.

:withstupi
I am not from AZ but I walk outside and i turn red. It sucks. Can never tan. Wish i could I think i would look great in a bikini then. :yikes:

neebelung 07-11-2007 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeriders98 (Post 389700)

:iagree: Any of those cooling gels with Lidocaine and Aloe feel a zillion times better if you store them in the fridge. Along those same lines, there's a product called BioFreeze you can get from chriopractors and some spas/massage therapists. It's got a good concerntration of lidocaine as well, so it feels awesome (and unlike a lot of the after sun gels, it dries very quickly and doesn't leave a sticky residue).

Also, a lukewarm bath with either white vinegar or milk will help reduce the pain and inflammation (there are acids in both that help neutralize the burn). Or Aveeno bath (oatmeal bath used for allergies) will help soothe it.

Keep drinking water (keeping yourself hydrated from the INSIDE as well as the outside will help a lot) constantly, and pop Advil or aspirin every 4 to 6 hours will reduce inflammation and pain.

Hope you feel better soon! :dthumb:

1hottbikechic 07-11-2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 389731)
:iagree: Any of those cooling gels with Lidocaine and Aloe feel a zillion times better if you store them in the fridge. Along those same lines, there's a product called BioFreeze you can get from chriopractors and some spas/massage therapists. It's got a good concerntration of lidocaine as well, so it feels awesome (and unlike a lot of the after sun gels, it dries very quickly and doesn't leave a sticky residue).

Also, a lukewarm bath with either white vinegar or milk will help reduce the pain and inflammation (there are acids in both that help neutralize the burn). Or Aveeno bath (oatmeal bath used for allergies) will help soothe it.

Keep drinking water (keeping yourself hydrated from the INSIDE as well as the outside will help a lot) constantly, and pop Advil or aspirin every 4 to 6 hours will reduce inflammation and pain.

Hope you feel better soon! :dthumb:

Biofreeze is a saint!! We used to give it to all our patients when I worked at the physical therapy clinic and we sold it like it was going out of style! Never tried it on sunburn but what a great idea!!

neebelung 07-11-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hottbikechic (Post 389735)
Biofreeze is a saint!! We used to give it to all our patients when I worked at the physical therapy clinic and we sold it like it was going out of style! Never tried it on sunburn but what a great idea!!

We have a chiropractor friend down in Daytona who we always stay with for Bike Week, Biketoberfest, etc... one year, we both got FRIED at the Daytona 200, and when we got back to the house, he gave us a tube of Biofreeze for the burn. We've been hooked ever since!!!

cloner_357 07-11-2007 09:35 AM

well last night, i ryed to toss and turn the hole 1/2 i had to move.. and i felt somthing wet.. ok... im like did i droll on my self.. wtf..

i turn on the light.. my left top of my sholder about 6inches.. was a Jiant blister.. that started o0o0ozing and my right sholder is the same but didn't oo0o0o0oze till i got in the shower this morning.. :\

devilstonic 07-11-2007 09:59 AM

Another sunburn remedy (this is kinda gross) is to rub sour cream on it, let it sit for 30 mins then rinse it off.

It works!! And it also helps prevent peeling and helps to keep your tan.

Yes you feel like a baked potato for a while, but it's well worth it. :dthumb:

cloner_357 07-11-2007 10:14 AM

i love the peeling though :s i hate blistering..

Rider 07-11-2007 10:20 AM

After a long day in the sun and you know you got burnt, rub ice on your entire burn area, It will help tremendously. It will reduce the redness and keep the burn from continuing to burn after you get out of the sun. Just make sure you rub the ice on outside or sntadnin a shower because the heat that your skin puts off from a burn melts the ice at a pretty rapid rate. :dthumb: