TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums

TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums (https://www.twowheelforum.com/forum.php)
-   Southeast (https://www.twowheelforum.com/31-southeast/)
-   -   Bike Week (https://www.twowheelforum.com/31-southeast/23635-bike-week.html)

dirtyred9950 01-07-2008 05:21 AM

Bike Week

So how many of you are getting ready to go to bike week down in Daytona? If you do go make sure you take plenty of pictures and post them so your boy can check them out since I won't be able to make it this year do to me being in Iraq until August. I will defently make it to Biketoberfest.

So where do you all hang out when you get there, and what club so you ride with.

neebelung 01-07-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtyred9950 (Post 476038)
So how many of you are getting ready to go to bike week down in Daytona? If you do go make sure you take plenty of pictures and post them so your boy can check them out since I won't be able to make it this year do to me being in Iraq until August. I will defently make it to Biketoberfest.

So where do you all hang out when you get there, and what club so you ride with.

Well be there. We normally go down for a weekday at the beginning of the week (probably Monday March 3rd this year) to do the demo rides at the Speedway.

We'll go back down Wednesday night for the ROK party.

Then back down Friday - Sunday for the Daytona 200, etc....

We stay with friends down in Port Orange, and don't ride with any clubs :idk: , but I promise I'll take a bazillion pics. :D

OneSickPsycho 01-07-2008 07:05 AM

I think I'm going this year... I know people in Ormand that I can crash with... We'll see...

vabarber2 01-07-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtyred9950 (Post 476038)

:iagree: :iagree: Me too, except I'll be outa here @ April

02GSXXR 01-07-2008 09:26 AM

when is bike fest

z06boy 01-07-2008 09:43 AM

The wife and I will be going down Thursday the 6th and returning Monday the 10th.

Not riding with any clubs...it's her first bikeweek but I've been several times but haven't been in several years.

Going to the Daytona 200...I think it's on Saturday instead of Sunday now.

We're staying north of Daytona in the Palm Coast/Flagler Beach area.

bowb4me 01-07-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02GSXXR (Post 476112)
when is bike fest

october, hence the name.....biketoberfest

Fujimoh 01-08-2008 12:21 AM

If I can get my time off approved, I am planning to go

z06boy 01-15-2008 08:48 AM

Oops...I'm out...we're not going. We contracted to have a storage building built lastnight and thus goes the $$$ for Daytona. Started out as a 10' x 12' basic building awhile back and morphed into a 12' x 16' with a few bells and whistles...oh well....maybe we can make Biketoberfest.

Fujimoh 01-17-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 479348)
Oops...I'm out...we're not going. We contracted to have a storage building built lastnight and thus goes the $$$ for Daytona. Started out as a 10' x 12' basic building awhile back and morphed into a 12' x 16' with a few bells and whistles...oh well....maybe we can make Biketoberfest.

What's a 12 X 16 go for now, about 3K?

z06boy 01-17-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujimoh (Post 480521)
What's a 12 X 16 go for now, about 3K?

Yes for the most part but we have one of those lovely HOA's so we have to use brick or at least upgraded siding (Hardi-plank)...upgraded doors and windows...so that along with the options we want like 2 lofts...2 work benches...tongue and groove flooring and 16" on center wall studs and roof rafters...over 4k. :nonod:

I've had no issues with the HOA and the upgrades keep the intregrity of the neighborhood intact for resale...etc...but it is crazy that they can tell you what to put on your property. Yes I knew this before buying the place so I'm ok with it...just not doing this AND going to Daytona. :idk::bas: