Two Wheel Forums banner

February 2008 Bike Of The Month!

12K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  dnyce 
#1 ·
February 2008 Bike Of The Month

This months installment of the TwoWheelForum/Shift Racing Bike Of The Month features a 1980 Kawasaki KZ1000LTD owned by: dnyce

Here are a few details:

• honda cbr f4i rear wheel
  • m.r.e. offset sprocket
  • chris products rear sprocket
  • r.c. engineering 4-1 pipe
  • 6-8" over double club swingarm
  • candy apple red paint
  • 29 smoothbore mikuni carbs
  • mre air shifter
  • seat cut down and re-done
  • custom taillight/license plate mount
  • chain guard
  • rigid swingarm converted to shock mount
  • all work done by me except paint (dad)

For being selected as Bike Of the Month, this month's winner receives a FREE T-Shirt courtesy of Shift Racing.

See less See more
#16 ·
Congrats Dnyce... always liked that bike :cheers:

I was thinking.... might it help you when launching to lie down with your chest on the tank and use the passenger foot pegs instead? It would keep the wheel down...

You'd just need a shifter rod extension or modified 'rear'set of some sort.

I know the real drag bikes use a hand-controlled unit for shifting I think...

#17 · (Edited)
thanks again, worked hard and on a budget:cheers: and 1980 was the last year of kick start and electric start:dthumb:

and i got a air shifter ceo, works great, was the first mod i made. look at the link, my face is in the tach lol
pic

pic is old, but you get the idea. my key is bent, and my shield is scratched from hittin the key when the wheel comes back down lol. im gona get rid of the ignition and just use the kill switch tether as a "key"

this ones cool too
wheel up

oh yea, i got the dampner at schnitz, like 95bucks for the adj. dampner and fork bracket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.