Two Wheel Forums banner

Casual riding shoes

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SBK Toy Store 
#1 ·
I'm going to start riding my bike to and from school, the problem is I was wondering if those "casual" riding shoes realistically offer any real protection. I'd like it if I didn't have to shove to big riding boots into my backpack and lug it around all day.

Here's the link to the shoes I was looking at. http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/Alpinestars-Motorcycle-Pit-Shoes-Black.aspx

Thanks for your time! :cheers:

#2 ·
I'm going to start riding my bike to and from school, the problem is I was wondering if those "casual" riding shoes realistically offer any real protection.
No, there aren't.

Broken ankles are among the most common injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents. This is why proper ankle support and protection are IMPERATIVE in a riding boot. Yeah there are some riding shoes out there, and they may offer SOME of the features of a riding boot (such as an oil resistant, non slip sole), but they won't truly protect you the way boots will.

The shoes you posted don't even indicate they're recommended for riding; they're a PIT shoe, with no support and no protection whatsoever (a couple friends have those, and they're about as protective as a pair of mesh running shoes).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.