Two Wheel Forums banner

my local displeasure

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JK_DILLA 
#1 ·
ok, so saints owner (Benson) suddenly fires the guy negotiating with the state of La. for a new saints contract. The mayor of San Antonio is pushing hard to get the saints to stay. The state is rushing to rebuild the Superdome and is spending alot of money and putting the dome as priority over other things. Benson always wanted a new stadium deal and Katrina may have voided the contract he had with the Dome. Conclusion: the saints are going to san antonio (great, go) and the state is spending millions from other projects to mabye, perhaps, possibly, who knows, have a shot at keeping a team that sucks 5 times more money from the state than comes close to drawing in. WTF WHY!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! The last thing we need is a football team in a city without residents. Were asking the Fed gov for money over money over money, city and parish governments are broke and the state is putting millions into a losing proposal stay or go. W T F.

sorry, had to vent.

#3 ·
I am a big saints fan, I think it probably would be the best for them to get the hell out of dodge. Get rid of Benson while we have the chance. Maybe bring in some decent owners with an expansion team after we rebuild the city first, then worry about entertainment.

#6 ·
WildMonkey said:
But I'm thinking that if they leave La. the VooDoo curse will finally be broken, and they might become a contender ! :yikes: :yikes: :tt: :tt: :readng:

Steve.
like the browns winning a super bowl, after they werent the browns anymore.

Mayor Nagin calles it a "doggone shame". He wants to meet with the NFL comissioner to discuss the "cleveland plan". where they got an expansion franchise when the browns went to baltimore. So when New Orleans is back and functional, they get another team. And he wants to retain the name and logo if Benson does take the team to San Antonio. we'll see.....

#7 ·
Get rid of everything. Let Benson take it all and let us start a new. We don't need the f***head in our city anymore. The Voodoo already took off to Kansas City permanantly. So we no longer have an arena football team.

#8 ·
VooDoo is gone? Hornets should be back... but who really knows. Taglibue will be in Baton Rouge for the Saints/ Dolphins game and will meet with Benson, Nagin, Blanco etc. The NFL has a comission of 8 owners to follow this specifically. I dont think a team can move without a league vote right? Benson should leave. i wont cry. hes been an aweful tennant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.