Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 750 can I put an LED tail from what ever year gixxer this is

or I have read the 02-04 Honda 954 RR tail lights fit as well. Does anyone have a step by step proceedure with possible pics of this mod

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not just get one specific for your bike?
The only LED kit specific to my bike that I have seen is the two round holes with an undertail and I think it looks hideous.... there is someone on this forum that has a Gixxer 750 of my bodystyle that has the 954rr rear tails and it looks sick.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
the "brace rule" didnt start until the late 90's i thought? im pretty sure some of the early 1100's werent braced either

and couldnt you change the tail section to the newer style so that light fits perfectly? mite be easier than massaging that lite in2 yours, body ;ines dont seem too dif.....

·
Registered
24,016 Posts
the "brace rule" didnt start until the late 90's i thought? im pretty sure some of the early 1100's werent braced either

and couldnt you change the tail section to the newer style so that light fits perfectly? mite be easier than massaging that lite in2 yours, body ;ines dont seem too dif.....
Thats what I was thinking too...just swap the whole tail section.

·
Registered
138 Posts
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=211469&store=Main&catId=411&productId=p211467&leafCatId=41102&mmyId=2120
Check out Dennis Kirk they sell the LED Tail light thats made for your bike in many different options to choose from!

I have the Hot Boddies Undertail that you think is ugly and I think its actually a nice clean fit and look once installed but I can understand you like what you like... My only complaint is that I don't think there are enough LED's nor are they bright enough for my liking!

:cheers:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=211469&store=Main&catId=411&productId=p211467&leafCatId=41102&mmyId=2120
Check out Dennis Kirk they sell the LED Tail light thats made for your bike in many different options to choose from!

I have the Hot Boddies Undertail that you think is ugly and I think its actually a nice clean fit and look once installed but I can understand you like what you like... My only complaint is that I don't think there are enough LED's nor are they bright enough for my liking!

:cheers:
Thanks for the link Ill have to give them a call I like the Blue LED tails the best

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would check ebay before you call them. You never know what kind of deals you can find! Good Luck!

Also I have some parts if you are interested!

Rear Rim White in color in great shape with bearings, rotor, crush drive and sprocket $50 plus shipping

I have quite a bit more stuff if you need anything send me a pm
I just told you about the rim because I need to clear out some space in the garrage.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Me too! I have a clear alternatives led tail light for that bike if you want it, ummm $20 plus shipping sound ok? It does not have the integrated turning signals though.:sorry:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Me too! I have a clear alternatives led tail light for that bike if you want it, ummm $20 plus shipping sound ok? It does not have the integrated turning signals though.:sorry:
Do you have any pics of it lit up I am currious as to what they look like

1 - 17 of 17 Posts