Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:help:
Where would be the best place to buy a stock 03 GSXR 600 seat? I am looking foe a real good price and the vinyl does not have to be perfect.

I looked on Ebay, but I am not sure what other years fit the 03. :scratch:

I am going to take the new seat to a shop and have them shave it as far as possible and then have them custom cover it :dthumb:.

My current seat is shave, but It looks bad and not it is a little to high, since I added foam to try to smooth it, plus the carbon fiber material did not work, so I out the stock vinyl back over it :cry:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
:here: I got one on E-Bay! :here:
Check it out! It is shaved for short legged people like you and my wife. :dthumb:
I sold the 600 and she is getting a SVS sooner or later. :crazy:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeeps you have PM :wink:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I tell people all the time that more of the time when somebody does this it never turns out the way they wanted it!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas Man said:
I tell people all the time that more of the time when somebody does this it never turns out the way they wanted it!
:cry: thanks for telling me after the fact :cry:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Hey I've told many people this on TWF... it's a balancing of needs... you need it to be lower cause you're short, but do you need it to feel good on your toosh?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was :wink:, all my friends told me it would not look right :scratch:

Nope does not have to feel too good on my toosh :whistle:,
I'd rather be more comfortable touching down :here:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
See that is your call though...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
There is nothing wrong with going on your own and shaving your seat!! I like originality in a person. With all of the emphisis placed on bikini areas these days and folicals hanging out and such, I think it was wise to ensure your had less on your seat to deal with. :dthumb: :rofl:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Earlzach said:
There is nothing wrong with going on your own and shaving your seat!! I like originality in a person. With all of the emphisis placed on bikini areas these days and folicals hanging out and such, I think it was wise to ensure your had less on your seat to deal with. :dthumb: :rofl:
Are we on the same subject? :scratch: :lol:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
jeeps84 said:
Are we on the same subject? :scratch: :lol:

No, he tried to :jacked: . There is a place here locally in El Paso that does custom seats for every type of bike. I was gonna see if they can redo the R6 seat. Haven't decided yet though. I know they are cheap too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts