Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the main difference between these models? I was doing some research and I am actually seeing some good deals on the F4i. Saw a new 600 F4i for 6900 brand new in TN. I may have to take a road trip. Drive a few hours and save about 1500 buks, sounds like it makes sense. :twfrox:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
for a newbie im sure it dont matter do whats more comfy then whats more cheap :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
No Bull!

The RR is more race ready and will have more aggresive stance, ergos, suspension, more power... everything you would think of.

Not to say that the F4I isn't fast and ready to rock. Just that the RR is more so!

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Gas Man said:
No Bull!

The RR is more race ready and will have more aggresive stance, ergos, suspension, more power... everything you would think of.

Not to say that the F4I isn't fast and ready to rock. Just that the RR is more so!
and for a newbie you dont need the RACE technologies or abbilities......so just go with awhat you whant

·
Registered
212 Posts
F4i have what's called a connected "bannana seat" while the RR have two separate seats. F4i will be more comfortable compared to a RR. If you absolutely have to pick between the two, I would recommend the F4i as it would be a little bit more newbie friendly compared to RR (Note: I did not say any of these bikes are newbie friendly)

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I own a '04 F4i and have put a few miles on Snakemann's '04 RR, I can tell you that except for the seat, you, as a new rider will not be able to tell the differences. Some of those differences have been mentioned here, but the differences between the two are so subtle, only an experienced rider will be able to tell them apart

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Danger H said:
What is the main difference between these models? I was doing some research and I am actually seeing some good deals on the F4i. Saw a new 600 F4i for 6900 brand new in TN. I may have to take a road trip. Drive a few hours and save about 1500 buks, sounds like it makes sense. :twfrox:
At one point I considered getting rid of my F4I for the RR, but one I rode the RR I decided against it. The seat to handlebar ratio did not feel to good to me. I do like the undertail but to me it really wasn't worth it. Go with the F4I :drool:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Danger H said:
DC to Tn would be a minimum of 10 hours. Not a short road trip.

·
Premium Member
11,484 Posts
Depends on where in tennessee, I live in knoxville and made it to DC and back in 14 hours. Could of done it in 12 if I hadn't been sightseeing and drive the speed limit.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
VolEngineer said:
Depends on where in tennessee, I live in knoxville and made it to DC and back in 14 hours. Could of done it in 12 if I hadn't been sightseeing and drive the speed limit.
I guess it could be done in around 7 to 8 hours in a car or on a bike if you were going East of Knoxville. Still not a short trip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i was at this crossroad 6 months or so ago, and there is only 1 way to decide...

get on both and ride them. I was leaning twoards the RR, and after riding them both, went with it, and i'd never go back. My buddy was the same way, wanted the RR, but after riding the F4i, was 100% sold on the F4i. Both are great bikes. There are times (especially on the bumpy freeways here) where i wish i had gone with the more kidney-friendly F4i, but i just pee out the blood, and i'm good to go for another ride!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Danger H said:

About 15hp and whole lot better performance...Get the RR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts