Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=634962#post634962

Picked this up on R6-forum and thought Id share.. Can U believe it? :here: :willy:

C&P:
FlyinBrian and myself have seen it all now. Myself and a couple of friends of mine (one on a '05 g1K and one on a '05 636) road up to Hall's on the River and met up with Brian. After hanging out a bit we decided to cruise around a bit....took off out the road just cruisin....maybe 35-40mph. I was leading, Brian, my buddy Jeff on his '05 gixxer, and then a newbie buddy Tim on his '05 636. Well, as I laid into a curve I met 3 other bikes (HD's) coming at me and one was riding the yellow lines and was leaned into my lane......... I just twisted the wrist and dove a bit harder to avoid the HD rider. Brian was riding a bit more inside anyway staying staggered with me in the front. Apparently as Jeff approached the curve, the HD rider came completely over in his lane...Jeff hit his brakes and ending up locking up the rear and slid. Slid probably 15-20 feet before crashing pretty much head on with the HD rider as he swerved back into his lane. Brian described Jeff's flight as a big arial cartwheel as he watched in dismay in his mirror as he was taking the curve. Nothing too bad, Jeff was wearing his gear.....helmet, gloves, jeans, leather coat..etc. Interesting results from the crash though, has really got me conscerned with the '05 gixxer though. First the scene....

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:wredx: There is no pics!! :nopicsbs:

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Is that your R1 in the avatar? that ish is nice! i didn't bother opening after I saw GM's post. It's probably the one that was posted up here a while ago when that racer went down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know,,

Their Bandwitdh on those photos were exceed..

Prolly means everyone and their momma has seen those pics..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DLITALIEN said:
Is that your R1 in the avatar? that ish is nice! i didn't bother opening after I saw GM's post. It's probably the one that was posted up here a while ago when that racer went down.

Not my R1 Yet..

its diff..

These guys are not racers.. Just a canyon carver..

makes me wonder how true the 'weak' frame is..

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Yes, that accident is horrible. What a way to ruin a nice ride. Collision with an HD...

Well, good to see that he's alright. Wonder if that is the same place that the crack for the "might be upcoming recall" from Suzuki is? Hmmm....

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
The concerned area is the main weld at the midsection of the frame. It appears that is were most of the damages is or started.
Its a well known fact, the lighter you build something the weaker you make it.
That's why most stunters are using the older early 90s bikes. They were heaver but stronger.

·
Registered
964 Posts
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
As a person who upgraded thier s/o's bike to the 05 Gixxer 1000,
this just makes me very worried. :leaving: to :puke:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
they really got an issue with the frame. im sure everyone on here has seen some messed up crash pics where the bike is still together, but for someone to crash and walk away and the bike look like it to chainsawed in half i say sell the gixxers right now.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:yikes: :withstupi That is messed up regardless and I would hope any manufacture would look into that!! :yikes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts