Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at work told me the '06 busa was going to put out 200HP at the rear wheel, and drop 60 lbs. Anyone hear any rumors on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
not sure about that, 200 hp at the rear wheel sounds a little too much, what does that equate to 230 or so at the crank????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
GsxrJack said:
not sure about that, 200 hp at the rear wheel sounds a little too much, what does that equate to 230 or so at the crank????
More, actually.

Given what it takes to get 200HP at the rear of a 'busa, I'd say the rumor is rather false. Unless they plan on punching it out to about 1450 instead of 1300.

- Roach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
More, actually.

Given what it takes to get 200HP at the rear of a 'busa, I'd say the rumor is rather false. Unless they plan on punching it out to about 1450 instead of 1300.

- Roach
ya, my buddies busa with the lee sheirts motor is around 230 at the rear wheel (motor alone no juice) and that took a lot of work and $$$$ to get that....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
I wander if they are going to change their self imposed speed limit of 187mph? Or is this just to open the margin of quarter mile et time from the zx12. As they sit right now out of the box the Busa runs 9.77 in th1/4 and the zx12 runs a 9.83 or right close to those numbers. Either way the two are too close to call one "faster" or "the fastest" Cause even Kawi has a self imposed limit of 187mph over all speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Can I test ride it?? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SpeedWerks.com said:
More, actually.

Given what it takes to get 200HP at the rear of a 'busa, I'd say the rumor is rather false. Unless they plan on punching it out to about 1450 instead of 1300.

- Roach

That was one of the other things I was told, it would be a 1400cc motor. Again I don't know how true any of this is, but it would definitely be interesting to see.

I would really just like to see some weight off the bike....even if they didn't do the motor mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Aggroton said:
its my understanding no factory street bike can be sold in the us anymore that exceeds 187mph.
It's actually a "Gentleman's agreement" between the Japanese manufacturers. The thought is that if they limit themselves, they won't have the gov't step in and do it for them (at possibly a lower speed).

- Roach
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
It's a smart move by them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Fwiw....

On the Bill of sale from the dealer on my '05 Busa, it actually listed the bike's HP rating as 172. I wonder why that put that on there ? Has anybody else seen this on their paperwork from the dealer ?


:pat:
Steve.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
WildMonkey said:
On the Bill of sale from the dealer on my '05 Busa, it actually listed the bike's HP rating as 172. I wonder why that put that on there ? Has anybody else seen this on their paperwork from the dealer ?


:pat:
Steve.
Nothing on mine for the 1000 except $$$$ & :2cents:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
It's actually a "Gentleman's agreement" between the Japanese manufacturers. The thought is that if they limit themselves, they won't have the gov't step in and do it for them (at possibly a lower speed).

- Roach
and its very easy to buy a doodad to get around it! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
2FURYUS said:
That was one of the other things I was told, it would be a 1400cc motor. Again I don't know how true any of this is, but it would definitely be interesting to see.

I would really just like to see some weight off the bike....even if they didn't do the motor mods.
There is nothing firm, it's just like it is every year. . the consensus is they'll have "bold new graphics" and maybe some new blinkers. We'll see. That pic above is a chop, though.

Info here:
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=48075
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pigface1 said:
There is nothing firm, it's just like it is every year. . the consensus is they'll have "bold new graphics" and maybe some new blinkers. We'll see. That pic above is a chop, though.

Info here:
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=48075
Doesn't sound too promising from what I read there. Then again I'm sure everyone is guessing at this point.

Looks like a Good forum though.... Thanks Pigface.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top