Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Gas Man said:
Linky no worky!!!

Right click here, save as

However, I've seen that before and the comment was not about "165MPH" when I first saw it. I think they dubbed over it becuase it used to say something like "85 MPH" or "100 MPH". Reason I remember it was because of the "this car is built for speed" comment. The first time I heard that I laughed simply because of the initial speed comment of 85 or 100. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the light bars on the cop cars would put so much drag on the car that they won't go over 120 or 130, and they're right on the vette's ass which tells me they're not going 165.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, you have to fogure it's a tabloid TV show so they're dramatizing everything. Still amazing he was ok, even if it was "only" 85 or 90.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I finally got this to work... didn't quite look like he was moving at 160 MPH.. it took too long to pass the Trucks... Last week I was on a demo ride abd a dealer told me a Vette would only go 186 MPH.... :skep: I know Dam~well they can go faster.... Right? :skep:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Is this the same vid from Real TV?? It is still downloading REALLY REALLY SLOW!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep it is... there is no way he was doin 165...they just make it out to be that way... I love how everything on that show has the same guys voice on all police chopper sounds...

But yeah, the guy even get thrown from the car... what a waste of oxygen this guy is!!! SQUIDTARD!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Low said:
I finally got this to work... didn't quite look like he was moving at 160 MPH.. it took too long to pass the Trucks... Last week I was on a demo ride abd a dealer told me a Vette would only go 186 MPH.... :skep: I know Dam~well they can go faster.... Right? :skep:
Ive touched 145 and had some of 5th a looong 6th gear left. Also have 4.10 gears which lowers top speed but improves acceleration over the stockers.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Roach954 said:
Ive touched 145 and had some of 5th a looong 6th gear left. Also have 4.10 gears which lowers top speed but improves acceleration over the stockers.
ive hit 100 with 6th gear left i proly max out at 140 or so??

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Link worked with left click and Real one player!

I've seen that on Cops and Real TV.
Still cringe when I see it now.
I don't think he was going that fast.
Maybe somewhere during the chase but, not at the crash.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Exactly Jeeps...they don't say he WAS going that fast during the crash..just that the chase got to those speeds... besides...those cruisers top out at about 130-135 and he wasn't gaining THAT fast on those trucks...I'd say he's doin about 85 ish...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts