Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:screwy: Can someone give me an idea what to ask for pricewise on an 1987 GSXR-1100 w/13k miles in fair to good shape? Not stock but no heavy mods: Header, Stainless brake lines, K&N filters (probably need replacing), Rejetted, etc. Has not been ridden more than 100 hours since it got me 10 days back in 92. Just have hard a hard time letting it go till now.
PS. just dropped $500 at the mechanics getting it roadworthy again.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Welcome solid.... :twfrox: And we need pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures, How?

Where on site does it tell how to post pictures? :bash: I need to load them straight from the camera.
Before you get too interested, :here: Remember I bought this bike when I was 18 and thought I couldn't die. This bike has been ridden hard, not abused but WFO most of the miles. It has been down twice. Once on an interstate sweeper at around 120 and again on a country road at aroud 55. Both times bike slid to a stop on its own, not a sudden stop by collision. More damage to me than bike and I rode away both times. (Granted the Interstate crash took a little longer to shake off, road rash in the wind is no fun.) So most body panels in fairing have been replaced at one time or another. The bike is now flat black with a tail light cut off switch and no reflectors on the sides (if you don't know why, you probably don't need to know). I also removed mirrors and front turn signals. The pipes are D&D and could use powder coating. I think the tinted headlight cover is no longer legal either.
Don't misunderstand me, this bike is no rag, the body parts fit and are factory, It is an ok paint job just not at all flashy. All maintenance was performed on time with quality parts and so forth. :dthumb:
If someone will instruct me on how to post pictures, I will try to get them up by the middle of the week.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Click Post reply, after the text part scroll down and click the manage attachments. It will open a window to browse your pc for the pic's you want to upload. Find the pic and click the upload button.

·
20,168 Posts
:flush: I hope not! Crashing SUCKS! :flush:
I wouldn't mind having some old iron around, even if its not perfect. :wink: :twfrox:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I will give you $100 for it right now and then go scrap it because that is all it is worth.. Pffft.. GSXR.. :nonod: :bonk: :yaewn: :screwy: :crazy: :luck:

·
20,168 Posts
double2000r6 said:
I will give you $100 for it right now and then go scrap it because that is all it is worth.. Pffft.. GSXR.. :nonod: :bonk: :yaewn: :screwy: :crazy: :luck:
No R E S P E C T !:leaving:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
At least you got that right.. I respect those who deserve respect, i.e. those who ride Yamahas..
:wtf: No repect!!! Give me back that back protector you Yam lovin MOFO!!! :lol: :rofl:

·
20,168 Posts
double2000r6 said:
At least you got that right.. I respect those who deserve respect, i.e. those who ride Yamahas..
I've had a few Yamaha's and always wise up and go back to Suzuki. (Real Bikes) :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts