Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that can't stand it? While many sportbikes are made to ride 2-up, it really messes with the vehicle dynamics. I'm not comfortable doing it.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
No I cant stand it!
No Sport bike are not made for 2-up riding!
They are designed for one person and a passenger seat, pegs and reinforced sub frame are added for marketing.

The suspension needs to be set for 2-up ridding to handle right and most would have to re-valve the forks and rear shock to do it right.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
If your rider has been with you a few times they start to catch on to what they are to be doing when you turn and just ride in a straight line. At the begining you have to take it slow with them. I preferr to ride alone since I know how to position myself in a turn vs someone tring to look around you and lean to soon and throw you off balance. If just learing them what to do and not to do that makes it fun.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
If your rider has been with you a few times they start to catch on to what they are to be doing when you turn and just ride in a straight line. At the begining you have to take it slow with them. I preferr to ride alone since I know how to position myself in a turn vs someone tring to look around you and lean to soon and throw you off balance. If just learing them what to do and not to do that makes it fun.
Yeah, my wife use to counter-lean on me til I got her trained.... that was an experience.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I will take my daughter, at 75 lbs with me occasionally, but not very far or long...It does upset the dynamics of the bike...plus I can't move like I want and have to make deliberate moves so I won't pitch her off or fall...I have a cruiser for 2 up

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I ride 2-up all the time with the wife. She is the best passenger I've ever had on the back of my bike. Even took her to the twisties one time and she said she'd never go back...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I have only had two people on my bike... the first women may have been pushing on 175+ (I guess) so I noticed a big difference when she got on the back I was lucky that it was a straight flat... and a short distance... my wife only gets on for a short trip around the block... so I'm trying to get used to it... to ride longer Two up

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
My wife is about 120lb She is a great passenger and loves to wheelie and ride the twisties.
I still prefer her to ride her owen and as she rides her owen more the less she wants to ride on the back.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I don't mind it too much once in awhile but shifting is harder, stopping is harder, accelerating, etc. etc. etc. I am more focused on all the extra hassle and don't enjoy riding as much... But it usually entertains the little lady for a couple of hours and she is good for a month or two and forgets about me selling the bike so you do what you have to..

·
Registered
505 Posts
It all depends on how they can handle themselves back there. If they are constantly moving around I'm gonna get a little pissed. But if they sit still and learn how to move, its not so bad. As long as they are within the weight requirements :cheers:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Rodogg04 said:
the only good thing about 2up is when they get off!! your bike feels so much more powerful!!!!
:lol:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Ahem...

no... i don't squeeze the breaks just a bit too hard when there is a female on the back of my bike..... i swear it was an accident

:whistle:

:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Ahem...

no... i don't squeeze the breaks just a bit too hard when there is a female on the back of my bike..... i swear it was an accident

:whistle:

:D
Me thinks your also the guy that never told your passenger...

Now wrap your arms around me here.........

No, lower.. :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You're not the only one. I bought the solo cowl for my R6 and I'll be removing the passenger pegs this week. The right passenger peg also serves as the exhaust hanger so I bought a used passenger peg off eBay and then my brother cut off the peg leaving only the bracket. I'm going to paint the bracket to match the frame, then buh-bye passenger pegs. :D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yup every time i take my GF for a ride she starts turning around an looking back, and i start going off the road. and she is always leaning on me. i finnaly taught her that when im just crusing in a straight line she can sit up straight and just hold on to me. and when i tap her in the thigh it mean hold the fcuk on. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts