Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Looking to spend 2-300 dollars on my helmet. My Brother has an HJC AC-11 and i am not a fan of it at all. Mainly because it does not vent. Im looking to get the helmet with the best possible venting for a resionable price. Here are five helmets im considering now:

Shark S800
KBC Racer-1
KBC VR-3
AGV V-Flyer
Scorpion EXO-700

thanks for your help!
devin

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I was so tempted to order a scorpion helmet a few minutes ago, I absolutly hate my KBC! I had to fight myself to put the debit card away. Maybe on payday.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Good choice. Little noisy but vents work good. That will be my next purchase as soon as I have the scrub. Feel free to let us know what you think after you get some miles on it. The guy who designs them use to work for ARAI too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
capitan-d said:
Thanks for the help guys. Im planning on getting a Scorpion EXO-700 Raider in yellow.

devin
Devin -

It's been posted in outher helmet threads, but I can't stress it enough - try on different brands, they do not fit all heads.

Each helmet manufacturer has a slightly different shell shape (some offer different models with different shapes) - you need to find the one that is right for your head or else at best it will be uncomfortable, and at worst you will end up getting a size too large to try and compensate, which can lead to the helmet not protecting you well if you fall.

- Roach

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with Roach! Try the helmets on if at all possible. Fit is the MOST CRITICAL factor of protection from your helmet. That said, I have a Scorpion EXO-700 that fits me very well. It is well ventilated, which my HJC CL-14 was not. I really like the helmet!!

Ron

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know you didn't list it, but for in the 200-300 range you can get a Shoei TZ or TC model if you shop around. I would consider that. I have an HJC CL-14 and a Shoei TZ-1 and the Shoei is twice as quiet, doesn't fog near as easy, and it's lighter.

one place to look is www.helmetshop.com

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
As Speed said... I would suggest trying on a helmet that you plan on buying and then buying it there or someplace else (web).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i tried on every helmet every dealer has here in des moines iowa. prally around 20 or so. arai's, shoei's, HJC's were all comfy for me. If i dont end up getting the scorpion i will prabably go with an shoei rf-1000. well see though.

thanks,
devin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts