Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Boston MA, and am thinking of buying a 2001 Katana 750 with about 9000 miles for $4,100 from a dealer. The bike seems to be in pretty good condition: tires etc.. but it has been laid down and has a scratch about an inch wide and six inchs long on the left fairing as well as a couple of other small dings. I think this is a fair price, but am looking for some input as to if this is right.

I would also love to hear from some Katana owners as to how comfortable their passanger finds riding (I am thinking of some long trips with my girlfriend).

·
Registered
893 Posts
Donal said:
I live in Boston MA, and am thinking of buying a 2001 Katana 750 with about 9000 miles for $4,100 from a dealer. The bike seems to be in pretty good condition: tires etc.. but it has been laid down and has a scratch about an inch wide and six inchs long on the left fairing as well as a couple of other small dings. I think this is a fair price, but am looking for some input as to if this is right.

I would also love to hear from some Katana owners as to how comfortable their passanger finds riding (I am thinking of some long trips with my girlfriend).
Donal, Not sure if you're on the Kat Riders forum, but they are a bunch of great guys/gals, and they will certainly know the answers to your questions. :)

www.katriders.com

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
$4100 is average retail in my area. That is normal wear. Low retail is $3100. If is scratched I would insist on it being repaired before you buy.
Shop around, I think you can find a better deal. :2cents:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah, get them to lower the price and/or replace the fairing/scratched parts!

or just get Jdoggs...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.