Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, anyone know of a good aftermarket exhaust for it? I was told "Blue Flame" or "Yosh". I'm not looking for a slip-on but rather a complete system unless someone can tell me why slip-on would be better (besides price) than a complete system.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
hommie you just got the bike........just send me the money and ill send you a complete dodge dakota sestem....they sound meen on bikes :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bulldog said:
hommie you just got the bike........just send me the money and ill send you a complete dodge dakota sestem....they sound meen on bikes :dthumb:

Yeah yeah, I'll send you the money when Gas Man gets me my MV Agusta Tamborini! I was just asking. I'm thinking of upgrades but not right now. I gotta at least pay half of it off before I do anything besides sliders (frame and swingarm).

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
naww i was playin i know what it like to dream...... :drool: ......but for real you should get an exaust.....yoshi sounds good for me but idk about R6 :sorry:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Graff the idea of exhausts is much like many other topics... matter of opinion.

I would say go with a Micron, Yosh, Jardine, Muzzy, and/or M4...

I will tell you to go with Micron or Yosh. My favorite!

Slip on vs Full... it depends on what you are going to use your bike for and what you want to get out of it! For you, via web, I would say just go with a slip on.

Slip on = more sound, slight power help, less weight than stock.
Full system = even more sound, more power, even less weight than stock.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gas Man said:
Graff the idea of exhausts is much like many other topics... matter of opinion.

I would say go with a Micron, Yosh, Jardine, Muzzy, and/or M4...

I will tell you to go with Micron or Yosh. My favorite!

Slip on vs Full... it depends on what you are going to use your bike for and what you want to get out of it! For you, via web, I would say just go with a slip on.

Slip on = more sound, slight power help, less weight than stock.
Full system = even more sound, more power, even less weight than stock.

Thanks Gas Man. That's probably like the only "mod" that I was thinking of doing like within the next 3 months. I just don't like the little "put put" sound of the stock exhaust. I was told that Micron is actually heavy, is it?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
well here is my opinion on slip on vs full
if you get full system which is lets say 1k then u will def want to get or need a pc3 wich is 250 but if you actually want somethign out the pc3 then u need the custom map which is about 200. so now ur talking and extra 500 almost

with just a slip on, you dont need a pc3 but if you decide to get one with a custom map then you will see almost the same amount of hp becasue of the pc3 and map.

and as far as brand if you got a blue bike then in my opinion the blue fade micron on the blue r6 matches beautifully, do a search and get some pics it matches awsome. or a scorched titanium one

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
The Micron's are NOT heavy!! A 8# sledge hammer will be lighter than your stock can!!

But make sure you get frame sliders FIRST!! B4 everything else!!! DON'T THINK ABOUT IT JUST DO IT!!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gas Man said:
The Micron's are NOT heavy!! A 8# sledge hammer will be lighter than your stock can!!

But make sure you get frame sliders FIRST!! B4 everything else!!! DON'T THINK ABOUT IT JUST DO IT!!!

Yes Sir, Gas Man Sir. :pat:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Hey we had a guy last year with a nice new '04 GSXR 750..and he had a pair of frame sliders in his pocket and laid it down... sliders in pocket!!

Get them fast and get them on!! You just never know... the same reason why you always wear your gear! I don't care if you're just cruising around town!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i love my micron, i was riding yesterday and i figured i would see how hot the can got, casue its a highmount and my GF feet would proabably touch it when riding adn i was worried about rubber burning on, well i grabbed it while riding and it was only warm not hot at all. i was like AWSOME

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
zx636r said:
i love my micron, i was riding yesterday and i figured i would see how hot the can got, casue its a highmount and my GF feet would proabably touch it when riding adn i was worried about rubber burning on, well i grabbed it while riding and it was only warm not hot at all. i was like AWSOME
The aftermarket cans don't get near as hot as the factory junk.
Not as restrictive so they don't collect or hold heat as long.

Grafixx01
All you need is a slip-on unless you intend on racing. :2cents:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
jeeps84 said:
The aftermarket cans don't get near as hot as the factory junk.
Not as restrictive so they don't collect or hold heat as long.

Grafixx01
All you need is a slip-on unless you intend on racing. :2cents:
:dthumb: :2cents:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does this go for the GSXR-600 as well? I found a place that does a really good deal on them, but he couldn't get an R6. And the first thing I want is a set of frame sliders, then maybe a slip on pipe.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Definately invest in a full system. I'm rockin the GYT-R slip-on and it sounds awesome. Plus they sell repack kits for 25 bucks. After a race or two they would repack their pipe. I'm gonna buy one soon to see what a difference it is. I got about 6-7k miles on mine. But a full is the way to go. GYT-R doesn't put up numbers like some others do but they sound GOOD. i get compliments every time I go riding with a group. But do some research and what not. certain pipes are better on certain bikes. Twisty and Speedwerks would know, they both have 6's.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
adding a full system is pointless if u wnat power for ur money, your better off getting a slip on and then getting a pc3 and a custom map for it, it will make way more HP then just getting a full system.

·
Registered
893 Posts
zx636r said:
adding a full system is pointless if u wnat power for ur money, your better off getting a slip on and then getting a pc3 and a custom map for it, it will make way more HP then just getting a full system.
Er, no, it won't.

You don't even need a power commander with a slip-on. A "Custom Map" for a slip-on is silly. Adding a slip-on simply doesn't change that much. While the stock can is restrictive, the header design is what dictates how much power, and how that power is made.

Adding just a slip-on will reduce weight, add sound, and maybe give you a couple HP on the top-end. The bike will run a hair lean, but nothing to worry about - adding a power commander won't really increase HP (prob < 1hp), but it will richen up the fuel mixture which is better for the motor.

Adding a good full system (there are quite a few "bling-bling" funky looking systems that are junk in the performance dept.) will gain you 5- 7% throughout the whole RPM range. You do need a power commander to get the most out of it, and not be way too lean.

One thing though ... on the newest generation of 600s ... the stock system is really quite good. The '05 R6, for example, you're only going to get about 5 - 6hp adding a full system and a power commander. A slip-on gives you about 2. The 600 market has become so competative that they've put a lot of R&D into the exhausts. My '03 R6, by comparison, jumped 8hp with an Arata full system and a PC which is about an 8.5% gain over stock.

- Roach

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yes i knwo u need a PC3 for a full system as i stated in my first post.

but i though with even just a slip on on a new 600 you would still see an increase in hp with a pc3 and a custom map (more than 2 hp), i thought the stock computers where set up kinda shiotty. i mena maybe some bikes are different but on my other forum some ppl where posting there dyno runs with just a pc3 on a stock biek and they where getting a descent amount of hp out of it. but then again i think the zx US model is slightly restricted compared to the euro models?

·
Registered
893 Posts
zx636r said:
yes i knwo u need a PC3 for a full system as i stated in my first post.

but i though with even just a slip on on a new 600 you would still see an increase in hp with a pc3 and a custom map (more than 2 hp), i thought the stock computers where set up kinda shiotty. i mena maybe some bikes are different but on my other forum some ppl where posting there dyno runs with just a pc3 on a stock biek and they where getting a descent amount of hp out of it. but then again i think the zx US model is slightly restricted compared to the euro models?
The Kwacker is actually a special case. The stock CDI blows chunks, and is REALLY detuned. I'm assuming they do this for street reliability. If you get your hands on the kit CDI (special racing part, limited quantity available from Kawasaki only if you know the part number ...), you plug it in and the bike jumps 9hp with the stock exhaust system. No ****, no BS ... we've done it and seen it with our own eyes.

Without the kit CDI ... you can prob get a bit more out of that bike with a PCIII than you can on any of the other manufacturers. We haven't put just a slip-on on one, so I can't say for sure/authority.

- Roach

1 - 20 of 39 Posts