Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at a 95 ninja zx6r with 42000 miles. Thats right 42,000. I was pretty shocked when i saw that number. Anyway the guy is only askin 3 grand for it and it looks like a nice bike. I was gonna offer him 2500 for it. Do you think thats a decent deal or are the miles too high to even consider.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I agree with CBR. For the same money, alot less miles. But if you like it and want it...go for it.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
At the rate I am logging miles...my F4i will have 42K on it in December of '06...unless I do something crazy like ride it more than I am now...We logged 500 miles this weekend, 350 on Sunday alone.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I wouldn't go higher than $2500.... I had a(new) 87 GSXR-1100 I put 58k miles on it and was still in good shape.
Sold for $2300, and it was 9 yrs old when I sold it.

Nowadays that's not real high mileage, although a 600cc bike will probably have taken a little more of a beating(engine wise).

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
If maintained they can last all of that...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
If maintained they can last all of that...
:iagree: :withstupi
Is he the only owner?
If so you can usually tell by the overall condition of the bike as to how well he took care of it.
Is it rusty or corroded (motor, forks and other hard parts), body good but not new, (new body or paint can hide allot) tires warn in the middle or bald on the sides?
That kind of stuff will help make the decision for me.
Use that check list posted on this forum and go from there!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep Yep... if it looks too new... it probably has had some recent repairs....

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Gas Man said:
Yep Yep... if it looks too new... it probably has had some recent repairs....
My bike looks like right off showroom floor...I get compliments every time out...especially when they see the 12K on the clock...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
bumblebee said:
My bike looks like right off showroom floor...I get compliments every time out...especially when they see the 12K on the clock...
Same here!
Not exactly like new but, hey the Monster is pushing 30k! :dthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts