Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in a current mag about something they called the 80% rule, that riders only ride to 80 percent of there true balls to the wall ability, and they thought that it was closer to 94%, i know mine is about prolly like at 25% but what do you guys (and girls) think your riding at? :cheers:

· Registered
4,436 Posts
I read that article, pretty interesting. I would say I am only like at 20 or 25%, but I haven't had a chance to do alot of "recreational" riding lately. I plan on up that number this weekend tho :dthumb:

· Registered
7,335 Posts
For the most part when out riding...I may be about 40 to 50%. A few times I may get up to 50-60%. I know I have alot more to learn and I will get there. :D Now us few here in Pa tha thave riden with WOS know how they ride. :dthumb:

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
Right on DJ...balls to the wall.... like 20/7... got to leave room for other things...

1hr for food
1hr for sex
1hr for sleep
1hr to prep bike (gas, chain stuff, ect..)

Seriously, it varies so much... I would bet that I ride anywhere from 50% - 90% depending on what's up. Now at the GAP I really pushed it quite a few times...but even there you have to keep yourself checked up!

· Registered
4,088 Posts
Gas Man said:
Right on DJ...balls to the wall.... like 20/7... got to leave room for other things...

1hr for food
1hr for sex
1hr for sleep
1hr to prep bike (gas, chain stuff, ect..)

Seriously, it varies so much... I would bet that I ride anywhere from 50% - 90% depending on what's up. Now at the GAP I really pushed it quite a few times...but even there you have to keep yourself checked up!

i hour for sex...you da man! :dthumb:

· Banned
3,078 Posts
i do about 90 - 95 % im sure... ive had to watch my knee from dragging a couple times (no knee pucks) on certain rodes that is not every day riding

· Registered
1,397 Posts
I have to admit, I am a sucker for keeping my Licsens.
I have good low insurance and the bike is for the wife and I to ride, as well as just me. So you can see I dont ram around too much outside the posted limits of the roads I'm on. I still get all of the enjoyment out of each of my rides.
:scratch: Wow1, Maybe 36 is old?

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Yes, but I think you are supposed to be awake during this or at least have a partner who is willing and consious(sp)!! :dthumb: :lol:
Yeah the blow up sheep doesn't count Gasman. Oh and Gasman putting GAS in your bike should be # 1 priorty.. lol..

On the street I ride pretty much hold back as there are too many variables to worry about - pot holes the size of Texas, cops, cages, people in cages on cell phones, etc. etc. Occassionally I push it a little - maybe 60%. On the track though it is a much different story, as I learn the track more and more I push it more and more. I am probably at 70% right now. I guess it is all your perception of %. What I call 60% others might call 95%.

I think Twisty for sure rides 99.99999999% on the track and probably alot less than that on the street for the same reasons I listed above - that doesn't mean he won't pull a wheelie in between cars right in front of the cop shop as he splits lanes in Twisty fashion but the street is just not the place to go balls to the walls for obvious reasons..

· Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jeeps84 said:
I missed the article.
Are we talking about the % of the bike or our riding :scratch: ability?

yeah, i think it was in cycleworld, it was talking about how riders only ride to 80% of there personal ability and never to their max, so that they have a built in safety rush, push, net what ever you want to call it, so most of the time they have a way out of tight spots, i think in the article the example was tunnel vision and sudden braking... if you rode to your max you couldnt compansate for it, thats the extra 20% kicking in :dthumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.