Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Personally,

I dont think I wouldnt spend $3,500 on an 18 year old bike, regardless of the mileage. However, that bike does look cool. I dont know how it handles, either. I really don't know much about 87 Gixxers. Sorry im not too helpful... :sorry:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Tell the guy bluntly and to the point, "I have $2000, call me if you don't get what ya want." That price is waaaay to much. Take your time. I know your itching hard for a bike but the last thing you want to do is jump to fast on a lemon, or just an over priced cycle. PATIENCE young grasshopper.

·
Registered
955 Posts
jdog said:
Tell the guy bluntly and to the point, "I have $2000, call me if you don't get what ya want." That price is waaaay to much. Take your time. I know your itching hard for a bike but the last thing you want to do is jump to fast on a lemon, or just an over priced cycle. PATIENCE young grasshopper.
I agree, way too much and theres tons of better bikes out there, I think that will be comming up soon for vintage racing and would be a great bike the first year its allowed in, but for a regular street bike, a newer 600 will eat it and handle a lot better than it....great bike though, dont get me wrong just too much money for not a lot of bike, besides the sentimental value of it...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Run away...fast.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Way overpriced man. I know dealers around here that are selling like brand new Kawi 500s and Zuki 500s for like 3500. Now why would I buy an 87 gixxer 750 for the same price, um, I wouldn't. Unless maybe I was just buying it for the motor to put into a bike that I already had, but then it would have to have like minimal (6000 or less) miles on it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
eastcoastrider said:
i realiezed that it was overpriced being that i can get a 01kawi ZX6 for $3800... but it looks pretty interesting.. i understand your point guys, Thanks..
an 01 zx6 is twice the bike the old gsxr750 is....dont get me wrong, i did a lot of good things on the old gsxr bikes racing and on the street but it just cant compare to the newer ones for the same price, price is the problem imo...if it was 2K then it would be a better choice.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea.. Also i have found a 96 Yamaha FZR 600 that has been painted orange, and the rims where painted black with a polished lip. It also has a new full exhaust (Can't remember what brand it was). Its a sharp looking bike for $3200

·
Registered
955 Posts
eastcoastrider said:
yea.. Also i have found a 96 Yamaha FZR 600 that has been painted orange, and the rims where painted black with a polished lip. It also has a new full exhaust (Can't remember what brand it was). Its a sharp looking bike for $3200
again , way too much money for an old technology bike,..what about the 2000 zx6 for around the same price? for the 3,000 to 3,500 range, I would look for any of the 600's built after 1997 or later...not too sure what exatly is out there but i think for 3500 you can get something a lot newer...could be wrong, but dont think so :cheers:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
GsxrJack said:
again , way too much money for an old technology bike,..what about the 2000 zx6 for around the same price? for the 3,000 to 3,500 range, I would look for any of the 600's built after 1997 or later...not too sure what exatly is out there but i think for 3500 you can get something a lot newer...could be wrong, but dont think so :cheers:
:iagree: my 02 SV cost $3500.

But if youre set on the FZR, best offer $2,000. :2cents:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts