Two Wheel Forums banner

9-Year-Old Left In Street After Car Hits Him

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  GSXRGirl 
#1 ·
I don't think I can say anything about this except... :yikes:

MIAMI - A 9-year-old boy is clinging to life while police are searching for the driver who struck him with a car and fled the scene. Relatives said Timothy White was walking home from school Thursday when he was hit at the intersection of 191st Street and NW 37th Avenue.

"My son is lying in the trauma center. I don't even know if he will make it," the boy's mother, Tori Allen, said.

White suffered extensive head injuries and is listed in extremely critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

His uncle happened to be pulling up to the intersection when a dark-colored vehicle struck White.

"By the time I heard the impact and saw him, he was rolling toward me and stopped maybe about 15 feet in front of my car. But, of course, I didn't realize it was a relative," Lonnie Robinson said.

Robinson said the car had run a red light when it hit White and left him in the street.

"It just shows how some people in our society are really heartless people out there," he said. "Especially to realize that it was a kid. It wasn't an animal. It was a human being."

The boy's mother had a message for the driver.

"Whoever did this please come forth," Allen said. "You left my child lying in the middle of the street to die. Please. If you have any conscious at all come forth."

Authorities said they do not have many details on the car that hit White. They only know that it was a black or dark-colored car.

Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.

See less See more
#2 ·
That gets me more than anything else! Kids are hit alot here and the car almost always runs. you make a mistake own up to it! It kills me when someone pays for someone elses stupidity like that. Hope that kid makes it, hes doesnt deserve that. Whoever hit him... i want you to rot in h3ll! :cursin:

#4 ·
There are some cold people out there but there also those that panic. They assume they will be arrested or attacked or whatever and take off. If you didn't do anything wrong (obeying traffic laws/not intoxicated/licensed driver/etc..), chances are, you'll face no charges.

I had a kid ride her bike directly in front me as I was proceeding through a green light. I was driving one of those Home Depot flatbed trucks you can rent. I had to lock-up the brakes to prevent from hitting her.

This is an unfortunate situation.

#6 ·
WildMonkey said:
Somebody get a rope.......

:pat:
Steve.
Nah man, that ain't right. However, XRD can probably attest to the fact there is a county north of Atlanta that has a STATE MADE ROAD SIGN that reads:

Vehicle Limit

Cars 75 mph
Trucks 65 mph
N****rs None

That ain't me sayin' it for the RECORD. It is a state made road sign in a county NORTH of Atlanta, Georgia. My friend lives like in that county or one county over. He says it's really, really bad there for racism. He tried to get me into that stuff, even tried to get me to listen to a KKK cd that he had from an actual KKK meeting. I told him to "F-off. He's nuts if he thinks I'm gonna be like that. I have too many friends to be like that."

#9 ·
bumblebee said:
The boy's mother had a message for the driver.

"Whoever did this please come forth," Allen said. "You left my child lying in the middle of the street to die. Please. If you have any conscious at all come forth."
YEA!
Pleas come forth and admit what you did!
Then we can lay you down and start driving over you at the feet and work our way up! :cursin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.