Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for my first sportbike. I have been riding my brothers 96 VFR750 and was wondering what i can expect from the FZR in relation to the VFR. As far as handling, power, and speed goes. I would just go test ride the bike but its 5 hours away from me. The guy selling it is going to send me pics this weekend and he said if im interested he will meet me half way. I just dont want to drive all that way and be dissapointed. Hes asking $3,350. He said the bike is in almost perfect condition. it only has 7k miles. Aftermarket exhaust, good rear tire, front will need to be replaced soon, new battery, its been jetted, and from what he says it runs PERFECTLY. If i get the pics and like what i see im prabably going to offer him something. Whats your guys' opinion on this bike? Would i be better off with a CBR or something like that? I want something quicker than the VFR. Are the FZR's easily upgradable? Where can i get aftermarket performance parts for them?

thanks
devin

·
Registered
241 Posts
i had a 98 FZR 600. Nice bike but I only paid $1800 for mine. I wanna say i had it up to 150mph but it's been awhile, which is plenty fast for any street bike. It didn't have any aftermarket parts on it though. That was the only thing I didnt like about it. Lack of cool aftermarket stuff (undertail kits, huggers)!!!! The frame is not aluminum so you cant even polish that!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I can't be 100% on this...but I think the FZR will out perform the VFR in every aspect. But we'll have to see what other people say about it...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Rodogg04 said:
i had a 98 FZR 600. Nice bike but I only paid $1800 for mine. I wanna say i had it up to 150mph but it's been awhile, which is plenty fast for any street bike. It didn't have any aftermarket parts on it though. That was the only thing I didnt like about it. Lack of cool aftermarket stuff (undertail kits, huggers)!!!! The frame is not aluminum so you cant even polish that!!!
And wheres that bike at now? Its in my garage in pieces waiting for the guy you sold it to to bring me parts! If he don't bring me some ****e soon it will be out behind my garage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A friend of my wife just bought a 98 fzr 600. Gotta say, I really didn't like the styling. Two round headlights with a nearly vertical flat nose. Kind of like a bulldog, looks like it's been chasing parked cars. I drove it just up around the cul-de-sac and comparing that to my R6, it seemed heavy and squirly. But, for the guy who bought it- also his first bike- it will probably be perfect. He can ride the crap out of it and make all his mistakes on that bike and then when he moves to something lighter and more powerful, he will have learned to control the bike.

My opinion-- you probably could find a Honda CBR F2 or F3 for that price and you'd like the styling better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts