Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you had the chance to see this in person? What a machine! The Marchesini wheels and liberal use of carbon fiber are enough to make me :eek: .

The styling is controversial, but it's almost like sex on wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:drool: Sweet Bike!

Well, this my first post! Only right to post in the Ducati section- Best bikes in the world! Being that i'm not a current bike owner, when I do get one, It will be the Supersport 800 in yellow, would be a good option for a rookie driver :D No stunt tricks for me anytime soon :LOL:

Great site!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Very sweet looking bike :)
Test drove 999, great handling bike with nice power.
But do not expect to drive bike more than 200 miles in a day.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
y2k02c5 said:
:drool: Sweet Bike!

Well, this my first post! Only right to post in the Ducati section- Best bikes in the world! Being that i'm not a current bike owner, when I do get one, It will be the Supersport 800 in yellow, would be a good option for a rookie driver :D No stunt tricks for me anytime soon :LOL:

Great site!

Good to see you around! :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Ducati's are all about all out speed and performance..road a 996 before, and damn, uncomfortable as hell, but performed like a beast!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea, I got to see one, I got to touch it!!! All!!!! the fairings are carbon the exhaust shroud is carbon, the beltcovers are carbon. Not to mention the magnesium headlight capsule. I got to ride a 999S model. Wow. I'm gonna have to through about $5k at my 996 to make it even come close to the S. I can't even imagin how the R rides. Oh yea I almost forgot, radial master cylinders and radial calipers. Full Ohlins suspention and special swing arm exclusive to R models. the list go on and on. I wish I had an extra $30K just lying around. Of course if I had that I'd probably just wait for the MotoGP RR bike that is comming out soon!!!! :drool: :bonk:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
jeeps84 said:
First I have seen.

Thanks for the info..i didnt notice them until you just that pic up..but anywho...I just cant get into the signals on the mirrors..seems like it should be more of sport-tourer type thing to me..but to each his own I guess..i like the flush mounts on the side, or like Dyno has his. you'll see in some of the pics gas man loads up soon.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Thanks for the info..i didnt notice them until you just that pic up..but anywho...I just cant get into the signals on the mirrors..seems like it should be more of sport-tourer type thing to me..but to each his own I guess..i like the flush mounts on the side, or like Dyno has his. you'll see in some of the pics gas man loads up soon.
Yeah, I'm gettin there!!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Mojo said:
Now take that back! There's nothing about the 999 that's anything like a Suzuki. :bash:
yes ur right..theres nothing the would link the 2 together other than the signals on the mirrors...

oh the gixxer peeps could have some fun with that one.. :rolleyes:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Just for the record;
Ducati & Suzuki, claim putting the signals in the mirror's decreases wind drag and offers wider visibility. :spam:
Thanks to wind tunnel testing. (body work is'nt just for looks anymore)

I think it's new parts to sale for more $$$ & less parts to build. :2cents:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.