Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have my helmet strapped to the back, it seems to flap a little bit when I'm over 100mph. When it does that, it seems like it could really disrupt the balance of the bike and therefore, it could become dangerous. Should I get the clips replaced where the helmet hooks under the seat cowl?

Also, I was thinking about putting a K&N airfilter on because they are supposed to add 35 to 40 horsepower. If this is true, I should be in the 8s. What kind of tires do I need for that?

Lastly, how do you clean bugshyt out of your bandana?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
:lol: I want that airfilter. :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was at a stunt show this week and there was a group of about 3 "biker boyz" there. Shockingly enough, two of them wore helmets. The other, however, had a jacket and gloves, and I was rolling my eyes as I watched him ever so carefully fasten his helmet to the back. :rolleyes: Idiot. There's a ton of these guys cruising around here now.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I love when i see that or some ride through town and there helmet is on top of there head.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's nice too. :lol: I really need to start carrying a camera with me at all times. lol

·
Registered
941 Posts
Pigface1 said:
When I have my helmet strapped to the back, it seems to flap a little bit when I'm over 100mph. When it does that, it seems like it could really disrupt the balance of the bike and therefore, it could become dangerous. Should I get the clips replaced where the helmet hooks under the seat cowl?

Also, I was thinking about putting a K&N airfilter on because they are supposed to add 35 to 40 horsepower. If this is true, I should be in the 8s. What kind of tires do I need for that?

You have been cracking me up all day. That is awesome. I'm laughing my arse off right now. Funny funny shyt

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Pigface1 said:

:rofl3: When I first started to read this....I thought you were serious, (assumed you were talking about a passenger helmet) then when I got to the K&N, I started lmao...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
What the crap is going on.... do you have any real questions here Pig????

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
NO...he was just breaking the attentin off of other things. :dthumb:

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
i say let the postwhoring begin....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thought he was serious at first too. The sad part is I have a couple of buddies that would probably ask that same question!!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gas Man said:
What the crap is going on.... do you have any real questions here Pig????
:lol:

Okay, here's a couple and I'm still having a hard time with it. When people say they're running 35 psi, are they referring to hot or cold?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rodogg04 said:
Thought he was serious at first too. The sad part is I have a couple of buddies that would probably ask that same question!!!
I'm sarcastic most of the time and I guess it doesn't come through well sometimes in type. lol However, there needs to be a collective effort to put an end to the squidly behavior I wrote about above. It doesn't bother me if they hurt themselves, but it sure as hell gives the rest of us a bad name.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Pigface1 said:
I'm sarcastic most of the time and I guess it doesn't come through well sometimes in type. lol However, there needs to be a collective effort to put an end to the squidly behavior I wrote about above. It doesn't bother me if they hurt themselves, but it sure as hell gives the rest of us a bad name.
I admit to rolling my eyes at the first one too, but then LOL when I read the second.

Seems there are two major schools of thought on ending squidliness:
1) Try and educate the riders.
2) Encourage them into as much danger as posssible to remove them from the gene pool :bash:

"Sure, you can handle a 'busa; at 18 you know all there is to know about riding. And remember, helmets are just a conspiracy to make money. The rest of the gear is pretty worthless too. Hey, you tried doing rolling stoppies on the Interstate yet?" :crazy:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
kanwisch said:
I admit to rolling my eyes at the first one too, but then LOL when I read the second.

Seems there are two major schools of thought on ending squidliness:
1) Try and educate the riders.
2) Encourage them into as much danger as posssible to remove them from the gene pool :bash:

"Sure, you can handle a 'busa; at 18 you know all there is to know about riding. And remember, helmets are just a conspiracy to make money. The rest of the gear is pretty worthless too. Hey, you tried doing rolling stoppies on the Interstate yet?" :crazy:
:rofl3: :rofl3: :crazy: :dthumb: :whore:

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
speaking of squidards anyone hear about kellen winslow? biffed doing 35 in a parking lot in Cleveland and ended up in the hospital, got wreckless op, and no lisence, on his new 05 gsxr 750, oh yeah, and his helmat flew off cuz it wasnt strapped on :bash: :puke: :screwy: :lol:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, the F'n Soldier is screwed. There are all sorts of stipulations in his contract about not doing any sort of dangerous activities, riding motorcycles, etc. He's going to lose millions.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts