Two Wheel Forums banner

A Good Day Riding

984 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
What's a good day of riding for you? Good weather, empty roads, and lots of twisties? I took my CBR out this beautiful afternoon and missed the traffic light at the first intersection. It's a three-minute light, but feels like ten. A Mercedes pulls up next to me in the left turn lane and I look over. The young woman driver keeps turning her head looking at me. I suck in my stomach. She's wearing sunglasses and starts talking toward me. I flip up my visor and wonder why she doesn't roll down the passenger window so I can hear her. Finally, she moves her arm toward the rear seat. I turn my head and see a child car-seat. She was talking to her toddler.

Later, I rode up Lookout Mountain. Came up on an Oldsmobile Aurora, nice looking car from the rear. It went around the first switchback squeeling it's tires. The driver didn't realize how sharp the turn was. He did the same on the next hairpin and slowed down. That's when I passed him at seven grand.

Got to the top and talked to a young man on a 2000 VFR. It was bright yellow, but it looked good with the black Corbin seat and tank bra. Turned around and went down. Got behind a bicyclist who was going as fast as me. There was no chicken strip on his tires. Stayed back a bit using him as a marker. Came to the Windy Saddle turnout and saw some sport bikes.

I pulled over and saw four Ducati's. Two Monsters, a 996, and a 999r. Just about everything on the 999r was carbon fiber, even the key fob. I admired their bikes while they checked out my hippo hands. I pulled out and shifted to second gear at redline. Probably gave them a laugh, but there was a 90 degree turn coming up fast. Brakes, push, and accelerate out to the next turn. Yahoo. Rode home and my wife asked if I had a good ride. I smiled and sayed "Yeah, the usual."

See less See more
#2 ·
for me today it was a ride to the local shop with my roomate and his new bike, then back to our small collage town to hit some of my favorite twisties that run next to the river....about 10 miles if twistys and a couple straights in the middle of teh country with no traffic and great views this time of the year

#8 ·
DLITALIEN said:
You can only remeniss (sp) about twisties. On your new bike you have to worry about scraping your primary. :lol:
:lol: Nah... right side drive...so primary not that large...but yeah... drag pipes, lisense plate, and tons more... if I did push it too hard... oh well... still riding and havin fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.