Two Wheel Forums banner

Do you like the Matrix 954 bike? (regardless of price)

• Yes, the work is amazing

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes, somewhat, but not completely

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, its disgusting!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Not really my style!

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kinda crazy... Dyno pointed it out on the WOS board.

Honda CBR 954 Matrix Theme Custom Sport Bike Motorcycle
Vehicle Description

Up for auction is my custom designed Honda CBR 954 with a Matrix airbrushed paint theme. This bike has had alot of custom touches and is a garenteed head turner anywhere you go. Want a show winner, well this is the one.

This motorcycle was featured in the Feb 2005 edition of 2 Wheel Tuner magazine, in an article entitled "Enter the Matrix"

*List of Custom touches*

Spiegler stainless brake and throttle cables

Gauges done by blue lights (backlit in indigo blue)

Proset forward controls

PVM Wheels

Hindle full racing exhaust

GPR Steering dampner, with lifetime warranty

PIA Headlamps in ducati style arrangement

custom made fiberglass body work, strengthened to eliminate flex and allow for proper paint adhesion

frame, subframe, and swingarm were all removed and all welds were filled and smoothed then painted gloss black for a glass like finish

Bike was lowered with dogbone allowing for easy changing of height from stock to lowered in no time.

Use of Dzus fasteners for quicker body changes or body removal for maintence

Frame sliders for accident protection

This bike was a year long project with planning, design and the extensive airbrush design and custom built bodywork, the pictures cant do it justice because im not a professional photographer with optimal lighting conditions, i have just over 19k invested in this bike and to see all the detail you really have to see it in person. The paint really changes depending on the light, giving it a shimmering look. When i began this project i wanted something totally original and unlike any other bike, but what ive found is the majority of the fun was the project itself and now that its complete im longing to start on a new project.

***Item is for sale locally, i reserve the right to end auction early if it sells locally before auction end***

For more pics and the auction click --> EBay auction

I love what he did with the frame!! I looks amazing. The rest of it is... well so so!

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
have you seen the original matrix ducati .... i thought it was cool last year but i seen one this year and :disapp:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, I seen that last week on ebay. I thought the paint job was tight, although the front end is a little wierd looking with the headlights part of the paint scheme. It is definitely good work but not my style. I couldn't ride a bike like that, to flashy and will attract to much attention.

·
Registered
519 Posts
It reminds me of the famous Britney Spears bike. Pop culture taken too far, IMO.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SVupON1 said:
I like it except the front nose fairing, and the 3 dudes on the side lower fairing...just :gary: but other then that I like it.
Imagine what you could get on ebay for those skins once you took them off!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Chuckademus said:
Right now, for the measly price of $125000, you can have Carl Fogerty's 1999 Ducati Corsa race bike. No, not a copy, THE BIKE!!

I'd rather have that than an overpainted WOFTAM!!
Id be more tempted to ride that one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.