Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, that is me when it comes to riding to work. The company I work for is going to give me a nervous breakdown when it comes to trying to park my cycle on days I ride in.
The parking ramp right outside my office, for employees only, has a big sign that says "NO: Motorcycles, pedestrians, skate boarding." Ok, so I try to get a pass at the next ramp; "Sorry, the building you work in says you must park in the north ramp, no pass for you!" But that ramp says no motorcycles which means no pass for that one, either. Ok, so I'll park in customer parking if you won't give me an employee sticker. Of course, they see it is my bike, so I get a note "Employees must park in designated areas only or be towed and/or fined." Park on the street then? Nope, pay to park meters surround me, and they are only good for a max of 30 minutes then the tickets come.

So I guess the only thing left to try is to just ride it down the stairs and park it right here outside my office. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
kayaker said:
So I guess the only thing left to try is to just ride it down the stairs and park it right here outside my office. :D
Heard that, Im about ready to do that myself..be just like the movie, True Lies, when Arnold S. road that horse into the elevator :D .

but seriously, yeah it pisses me off as well, I park mine on the second floor of the parking garage, between a couple cement poles that are in front of the steps going down to the first level, then over my break, when all the dayshift people leave, I pull it down infront of the building where the security guard can see it better.

Corporate was supposed to have a designated allotted amount of spaces for bikes, because of the growing number of us that ride to work everyday, but of course that hasnt happened yet. :( <--insert head banding smilie here

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Thankfully I've not had that problem. Everyplace I've worked, except where I am now, had a space specifically for bikes. They even went so far as to asphalt over a steel plate so the bike didn't fall over, or use concrete.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Thankfully I've not had that problem. Everyplace I've worked, except where I am now, had a space specifically for bikes. They even went so far as to asphalt over a steel plate so the bike didn't fall over, or use concrete.
I think you're work needs to talk to our work..and beat some sense into them.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Man, I just don't have these problems...I feel for you guys. Sending my heart felt sorrow your way....LOL!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
Man, I just don't have these problems...I feel for you guys. Sending my heart felt sorrow your way....LOL!!

insert sarcasim smilie here. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
I say it's discrimenation(sp). Something worth fighting for.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think more places should have mandatory spaces allotted for riders, it would save space inside parking car garages, keep the bikes safer, and keep the other drivers from complaining that bikes take up a "perfectly good spot". WTF is that?? we have just as much right to park in a parking spot as a car does!! I mean, isnt that what a "parking garage" is for??!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CrunchieJD said:
...........from complaining that bikes take up a "perfectly good spot". WTF is that?? we have just as much right to park in a parking spot as a car does!! I mean, isnt that what a "parking garage" is for??!!
No doubt, talk about a stupid argument by the non-riders. Every time one of these comments come about I just look at them blankly for a few seconds then ask "well, what is the difference, I'd use the same spot if I drove my car in.......?" Then they gave me the glazed eye look as it dawns on them how stupid they just sounded because I'm right, no matter what I drive in I still need a space. Then I remind them how much less room my bike takes up and if they made a designated spot for riders, there would be even more room for the cars.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
kayaker said:
No doubt, talk about a stupid argument by the non-riders. Every time one of these comments come about I just look at them blankly for a few seconds then ask "well, what is the difference, I'd use the same spot if I drove my car in.......?" Then they gave me the glazed eye look as it dawns on them how stupid they just sounded because I'm right, no matter what I drive in I still need a space. Then I remind them how much less room my bike takes up and if they made a designated spot for riders, there would be even more room for the cars.

Exactly my response. I'm taking up a space no matter what I drive!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts