Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it can be done, specifically, for an 04 R6? I know, I know..., "just buy a PC." Probably will, but I figured if I could adjust fuel/air mix with the stock one, maybe somehow through the display (like when you do self diagnostics), then I could tinker.

I've heard that some bikes, don't know which ones or even if they're sportbikes, allow this, as well as some cars.

Just looking for some thoughts....

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
r6dirtydave said:
Anyone know if it can be done, specifically, for an 04 R6? I know, I know..., "just buy a PC." Probably will, but I figured if I could adjust fuel/air mix with the stock one, maybe somehow through the display (like when you do self diagnostics), then I could tinker.

I've heard that some bikes, don't know which ones or even if they're sportbikes, allow this, as well as some cars.

Well I know I don't know that answer. Larryg will have a good answer for you on this. Just have to wait till he logs in and gives you his advise. How tech smart are you about bikes though??? Tinkering can be ok but if your not sure what to tinker with and what to leave alone you could do more trouble then good. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
r6dirtydave said:

Not sure but I would guess you could. The important thing is you picked the right bike! Rock on! :thumbs:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am not familiar with a direct way to access the computer to modify the injection. I am guessing it's not too easy because the manufacturers have to be careful about emissions issues and most of them don't want to share their programming.

I have been hearing some negative stories about the PC's but I don't have direct experience with a failure. I have also heard of an alternative but I want to learn more before I say anything.

Do a little research, you may be able to find an alternative.

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts