Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is only 5 of the 200+ pictures that I took today at the Pikes Peak International Raceway AMA Races. There's so decent stuff that I got but I'll take me a little while to resize and post in the Gallery so I figured I'd give a little taste.

ShanMan, how much space is available in the Gallery? Cause I don't think I wanna upload the entire folder of pics. I mean I would like to, just will take a while. However, I don't wanna hog all your space.

G

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PhoenixGirlie said:
omg that guy jumping off the bike is awesome!!!! :eek:
If I remember correctly, the average height off the ground ended up at like 50-75' with nothing but concrete and asphault to land on!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a couple more...

I have to resize then post 'em in the Gallery. I'll put a thread up in here when I finish them all.
The first one is a suede seat on GSXR. Kinda nice I think.

G

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
PhoenixGirlie said:
are those felt seats on that blue bike? I'm lovin' it!!!

Suede Pheonix, Suede....They were nice.

Too bad everyone wasn't there. Aprillia and Buell were allowing test-rides of all their bikes. Aprillia was even letting people ride the Factory R, line was too long otherwise I would have rode that one.

More. The first is Ohlins Suspension, but I believe that it has a supercharger on it (can someone clarify?)

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Great pic's :dthumb:
I love the Duc with the checkered flag. :rofl:
I think this may be the first of many. :2cents:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jeeps84 said:
Great pic's :dthumb:
I love the Duc with the checkered flag. :rofl:
I think this may be the first of many. :2cents:
The guy that is pictured with the Ducati and the flag won the race that was televised on SPEEDVISION. He's won the race at Pikes Peak Internation Raceway for the last 6x the AMA has gone there. I forgot his name though.

You know the funny thing, Mladin didn't even place I think in the top 5 in his class but he had the "pole" position.

Oh yeah, and Nikki Hayden, lowsided and slid off the track cause he got tripped up by a Kawi (luckily he took the Kawi out of the race with him). But the other Yamaha teammate (#2) didn't finish but in 3rd place. Two Kawis took 1st and 2nd. :sob: :sob:

·
Registered
137 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Good pics.. I especially like the one where the GSXR is checking the welds right before the Yam is going to lap him..
Now, THAT'S funny!

Grafixx01 said:
The guy that is pictured with the Ducati and the flag won the race that was televised on SPEEDVISION. He's won the race at Pikes Peak Internation Raceway for the last 6x the AMA has gone there. I forgot his name though.

You know the funny thing, Mladin didn't even place I think in the top 5 in his class but he had the "pole" position.

Oh yeah, and Nikki Hayden, lowsided and slid off the track cause he got tripped up by a Kawi (luckily he took the Kawi out of the race with him). But the other Yamaha teammate (#2) didn't finish but in 3rd place. Two Kawis took 1st and 2nd.
Eric Bostrom won the Superbike race on the Duc and Mladin took fourth.
As for the Superstock race, what was Nicky Hayden doing there :skep: ? Disalvo crashed running Hayden off the track, but came back on to continue. Roger Lee Hayden won with Tommy Hayden 2nd (both on Kawis). Can't wait to see the race, got to wait until Tuesday :tt:

·
Registered
941 Posts
It wasn't Nikky Hayden. I can't remember what brother it was though that got run off the track.....I think Tommy. Hayden bothers finished 1-2 in that race.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pippi said:
Nice pics, what kind of camera do you have?

It's a Kodak Easyshare z740. I got it at BestBuy for like $379.99. It plugs into the "Camera Dock & Print Station" too but that's like $120 and I already have a laptop and printer so didn't figure I needed that.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Great pics!! Hope you had as much fun as it looks like it was!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gas Man,

It was great. Well, except for the simple fact that I didn't wear any sunscreen so I got a little "lobster-look" on my arms and head. Kinda hurts to wear a lid now, but I'm gonna tough it out cause I gotta get the 500mile service done tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts