Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the AGV Demon Top Vent Helmet? I need a helmet for the MSF course, but I don't want to spend a lot and want a quality helmet. Speedwerks has a good price, but I was hoping someone could share their experience. Thanks

:twfrox:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is there a local shop nearby where you can actually go in and try out the different brands of helmets? Fit, not price is the most important part when choosing a helment. A helmet that don't fit your head could cause you headaches (during and after rides) and bumps around your head. Here's a link for some reviews of various cycle gears: http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/

*forgot to mention that when trying out helmets, make sure you put it on for at least 15 minutes (I've done 30 minutes tests before buying my Suomy). You can wallk around, sit, shake your head a bit to make sure it fits you perfectly. Everything will feel perfect at first but as the helmet is starting to form around your head after a while, you'll realize that some will push against your forehead and some won't...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
What do you consider a "non-expensive" helmet? What is the price you're looking for? In the low to mid $100's. I would suggest the Scorpions.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
What do you consider a "non-expensive" helmet? What is the price you're looking for? In the low to mid $100's. I would suggest the Scorpions.
:iagree: , I'd have to say the same as Gas Man. If you don't want to use one of their (the MSF provided lids) then I'd get the Scorpion. You'll pay like $200 for their Exo-700 and it'll be a good first lid for the new bike when you get it.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Always remember this... GEAR IS EVERYTHING and the only thing that sperates you and the pavement!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Gas Man said:

HJC(best bang for the buck) Crash tested "tons" of time.

I love the word tons....:lol: Gas how can you suggest a helment you have never owned? Thats like me telling you, your wife is good in bed..... :cheers:

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you have the money, go for a better helmet. Do it right the first time. You'll thank yourself in the long run.

I bought a hot heavy cheapo helmet and i didn't want to keep it any longer after trying on suomy's and arai's.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You are right Twisty... I have a few HJC's and like them all.

But I figured the Scorpions are cheap and haven't met anyone that has had anything bad to say about them... just spreading the word!

And you're also right..she is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts