Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air conditioning for motorbikes

An Israeli inventor has designed what he claims is the world's first air-conditioning unit for motorbikes.

Physicist Glen Guttman from company Entrosys said the device was technologically simple.

But he added: "Like any simple idea, you have to think it up, and then you have to implement it."

The bike is fitted with an electronic unit powered by a standard motorcycle battery which funnels cold air into a thermal vest worn under the biker's jacket.

Speaking to Israel Army Radio, Guttman said the air conditioning unit was a small, lightweight box that fitted into the vehicle's storage compartment and was connected to the driver's body by a rubber tube.

"The torso is the obvious target for air conditioning if you take into account the human physiology," said Guttman.

The system cost £278,000 to develop, which Guttman raised through investors, and he now hopes the cooling motorbike air conditioning unit will be on the market by the middle of next year.

He said each unit would cost "several hundred pounds" and would first hit European and American shores.

The inventor said, however, that he will not be testing the unit himself: "My investors don't want me to ride a motorbike myself. They want to make sure I stay safe."

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The system cost £278,000 ..how much is that in american dollars? Since Im too lazy to look it up..

and how much is "several hundred pounds" ?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ShanMan14 said:
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

1.00 USD United States Dollars =

0.557751 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds

Can you say OUCH!!!?

So am I reading that correctly, that a Pound is worth alittle more than Half of 1 USD ? Yikes!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
So am I reading that correctly, that a Pound is worth alittle more than Half of 1 USD ? Yikes!!
NO, it would take almost 1.5 US Dollars to equal 1 pound.. THAT'S OUCH!!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gas Man said:
NO, it would take almost 1.5 US Dollars to equal 1 pound.. THAT'S OUCH!!!
OK..I thought I was reading it backwards..it has been a long day!!

Yeah, thats definately OUCH!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Kinda like the race suits in F1 really, except they run fluid thoughout all over the drivers body.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ShanMan14 said:
Or the "G" suits pilots use so they don't blackout. :)

Guess if you were on a Busa, or that new honda w/ 200+HP..this could come in real handy :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts