Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday night, american chopper is building a drag bike and are taking it to Ricky Gadsons dragracing school to learn to drag race and have Gadson try to set some good numbers with their OCC dragbike, should be a good take..

discovery channel Monday (6/13/05) at 9:00 EST for those interested

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Isn't he the guy thats like 5ft nothing? He did the Kaw test not to long ago?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Is that the NAPA bike they are trying to make? Saw the other day they were doing a NAPA drag bike, or should i say assembling it. Someone sent them a "kit" and they got help putting it together. They should stick to choppers because theres alot of people that know alot more about setting up bikes than they do. This isnt OCC bashing, but if napa wanted a drag race bike, they could do just as good a job themselves.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
Isn't he the guy thats like 5ft nothing? He did the Kaw test not to long ago?

gadsoms a small guy but not real short or light..sort of regular 5' 10/11" 170 (maybe a little lighter since i really never seen official weight/height specs on him) but he looks normal size when next to other people..

you might be thinking of the older great dragracer "peewee gleason" he was 5 foot nothing...

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JK_DILLA said:
Is that the NAPA bike they are trying to make? Saw the other day they were doing a NAPA drag bike, or should i say assembling it. Someone sent them a "kit" and they got help putting it together. They should stick to choppers because theres alot of people that know alot more about setting up bikes than they do. This isnt OCC bashing, but if napa wanted a drag race bike, they could do just as good a job themselves.
napa's a big sponser on their show, so i guess thats why their building the dragbike and not a "theme bike"

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wanted to let anyone thats interested in seeing rick gadson launch one of his 600's know, if no one has ever seen him...they showed a few clips from tomorrows show and showed him launching one of his schools 600 ...guy does miricals with 600's from a dead stop

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
i'll tune in to see the man fa-sho. We all remember what he did with the supersports in a comparo posted here, was it 9's?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
just thinking, if OCC buids all these bikes for clients, how do they still have them all for shows or sitting around the shop?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I always liked the show but it got annoying because Paul Sr. reminds me of my dad.
Always on my case.

I`ve been looking forward to seeing the Drag bike though, but I thought it looked too chopperish. But it is called orange county choppers.
Thanks for letting me know when it is guys.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
just thinking, if OCC buids all these bikes for clients, how do they still have them all for shows or sitting around the shop?
I think they still have the POW, Christmas, Fireman, Black Widow, and Mikey's bikes. The clients got the Caterpillar, Golfer (Davis), Welder, Snap-on, Lance Armstrong, Jay Leno, and Lincoln bikes. And there are others I've missed. The guys you don't see often, like Christian and Cody, are building customer's bikes.

And I wish I could have built bikes with my dad. He wanted me to build skyscrapers with him, but that job only lasted one day. Those iron-workers on the high steel are crazy.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Thanks for the info Jack. :cheers:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah already have it set to record on the DVR....

And codeman... you got to change that avatar...it's distrubing! :sorry: but it is!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
What type of DVR box do you have?? And do you have a card for it as well to hold more memory??

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I have the Comcast dual-DVR cable box... it has a slot for a card but I don't have one. Heck it has a USB spot that I have no idea what it does...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I started to watch that episode the other day, then lost interest cause a good movie came on the DVD player... Some of you may have heard of it, "Faster"??? :scratch:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just a bump and a reminder 9:00EST, four hours from now :cheers: :dthumb:

and they better show gadson launch the 600 like they showed in the preview...or ill be pissed.... :bash:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.