Two Wheel Forums banner

angel eyes anyone?

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  ScottSellersUNR 
#1 · (Edited)
I was checking out bikepics.com and stumbled upon the guy who makes those angel eyes for 03 and up R6's.www.highbimmin.com is the website. There's also an HID conversion he can do. Also has a bunch of how to's. :mc2: you can also check out more pictures of my bike at http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-r6-04-bikepics-292644.jpg http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-r6-04-bikepics-292649.jpg http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-r6-04-bikepics-292640.jpg. I lowered the front an inch because the gap between the front fender and cowl was too big. It looked like the bike was leaning back all the time. It's one of those things only the owner can see you know?

#7 ·
I've considered getting the headlight conversion. It would be nice to have both sides light up with low beams.

You've got a sharp bike. How did it affect the handling when you lowered the front end?

#8 ·
Angel eyes ROCK! We were talking about them in another thread...

TWF Rocks

I had a link to a Phillips kit for MC...but I'm at work and don't have the link...unless somebody else can post it. I think N4S, DJ, or Shan posted it... maybe even MP?!?!?!

#9 ·
Captain Morgan said:
I've considered getting the headlight conversion. It would be nice to have both sides light up with low beams.

You've got a sharp bike. How did it affect the handling when you lowered the front end?
Thanks for the welcome guys. I guess you can say it kind of dips into turns because of the lowering but it's nothing you can't get usedto in a hundred miles or so. You don't want to bring the front end down too much without lowering the back. The front is easy but to lower the back you need to get a longer dogbone and shorten your kickstand. I went to a bike show and there was like 3 or 4 bikes just totally slammed. It looks bad_ss but I don't know how they would ride.

#11 ·
I was out riding all day today. There is a one way 13 mile loop with a lot of twisties. My bike feels much better because I've lowered the front. I have changed my tires since the last time I've been out there. i got some Metzeler Sportec M1's. Huge difference than the stock Dunlops. My confidence has gone way up considering I wrecked there a couple months ago. If anyone comes to Vegas the place is called Red Rock. You get to chose from the loop or long mellow turns where you can go a buck fifty easy.

#16 ·
Gas Man said:
Yeah, I know but you have to understand that us in snow country are going thru some major withdraws and we're startin to get cranky!! :D
Well, since the thread is already :jacked: , I will continue. I was SOOOOOOOOO mad yesterday. It got up to fricking 67 degrees here. The damn weatherman had never said a word, and actually indicated it would be 50 and rainy. It was cool and misty when I left for class at 9am and when I came out at 2, it was 64 and sunny. I had evicted some tenants and they were supposed to be out by noon, so I had to go change the locks since they didn't leave me all the keys. THEN, I had to run to the post office because they had screwed up last week and wrote the wrong number on a certified letter so they couldn't find it when I went to get it the first time. They finally put the correct number on the final notice so it had to be picked up yesterday. THEN, I had to drive about an hour south of here for a stupid group meeting for a WEB class that could have easily been accomplished over the WEB. And because of the damn weatherman, I had already committed to carpooling and DRIVING. So, by the time I got done with the damned errands, it was time to leave for the stupid group meeting. I got to put a whopping 10 miles on the bike and it was in stupid city traffic. I never even got to go around a curve. :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

#18 ·
Hey man im form Reno and me and my roomate are planning on going down for a ride there come later spring... both got friends we wanna go see over a weekend plus get some seat time in.....
I belive we are the only two nevada riders on TWF..... Keep in touch, it would be good to get some riding in with fellow TWF members.

#19 ·
and the lights are SWEET. wathced the video.. i wish i could do that to my Z1000.. i like the red to blue option.. 4 lights u could run the inside red and the outside blue.. Get yourself into all kinds of trouble for using police colors... Hell make em flash back and forth and you could pull ppl over at night on your R6... how nifty would that be...until u got caught, or shot.

#20 ·
ScottSellersUNR said:
and the lights are SWEET. wathced the video.. i wish i could do that to my Z1000.. i like the red to blue option.. 4 lights u could run the inside red and the outside blue.. Get yourself into all kinds of trouble for using police colors... Hell make em flash back and forth and you could pull ppl over at night on your R6... how nifty would that be...until u got caught, or shot.
yeah yeah. just send me a PM or whatever. later spring is the best time. any thing past may is gonna be blazin. i'll still go but it's gonna be hot. i'm sure reno gets hot too, no? i know this 110 mile loop that is sick. i got a bunch of buddies out here and we'll group up and kill it. i just got some confidence boosting metzelers so my skill should be better. laters-

#21 ·
im bout to wrap mine in some new rubber too, If weather is good im thinking late march. Reno gets decent but not hot... prob a highest of 108..not bad. Im form Nor Cal where it will hit 126Deg. so 108 is bearalbe but yeah by june LV will be there most likely. Its only a few hours down there so ill let ya know if we get a date set...my friend who got put active duty army is bout 2 hours into cali, so im gonna meet him in Lv for a weekend of gambling and looking at hooters. prob a day of that and then a day of riding. So i'll pm ya.. but make sure and post on here once in a while to keep your name in site so i dont forget who to PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.