Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got a quote from McGraw for liability for a year which would cost $233. On the quote where it shows traffic violations and accidents I see 2 for minor violations.

They got the information from me when I got the quote. I recieved two traffic tickets but one is dismissed because I took traffic school and one is still pending because I am going to fight it.

That is exactly what I told them. One I took traffic school and the other is pending.

Should they have taken those tickets into account for my quote? I am not sure how big of a difference it is but should I request a new quote and not tell them about any of the tickets?

Also, does anyone know if the rate hike is added when you tell them about the tickets or after they find it in your records? Because if the hike is added when they actually search and find it on my record, I should be fine right?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You don't have to report any ticket you went to traffic school for.... it will not show up on a DMV check(if it does
you will have to go to DMV with traffic school receipt to correct).

Also, if you still have a ticket pending it will not show up
either, until the case is settled.

Ask for a re-quote without the tickets. :thumbs:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I did just that and the the quote went down...[drum roll]................ $31!!! Still some savings but then since I choose to do 3 payments instead of full payment a $20 service fee is added to the total.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Insurance rates are a total crock anyways...u gotta fight to save every freekin penny !!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'll beat Twisty to it!!

I HATE INSURANCE!!! :bash:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
$31? that sucks..... seems like it should have gone down more than that....
might want to check with another insurance co. :yesnod:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts