Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the old loudon track use to be able to be run backwards, we use to do it at least once a year and it was great cause it was like a whole different track...I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of a racetrack that could be run backwards...

when we ran backwards at loudon it was called "noduol" weekend...... :lol:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ShanMan14 said:
Not that it's any sort of comparison with reality, but I know from playing the same tracks backward on MotoGP2 on Sony Playstation, I can't even recognize where I am.
ya, its truley like a brand new track when you run them backwards....pretty neat plus for a racetrack, better than making them smaller etc by cutting off half the course like a lot of the larger tracks do.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah, Twisty said he ran gratton backwards and it's scary dangerous. The run offs aren't set up for it and if you went off roadin. you could get seriously injured!!!

Good thread Jack!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gas Man said:
Yeah, Twisty said he ran gratton backwards and it's scary dangerous. The run offs aren't set up for it and if you went off roadin. you could get seriously injured!!!

Good thread Jack!
ya i was chosen with a few other experts to run the new loudon track backwards and we all agreed that it would be too dangerous to run backwards...hell the new track is dangerous enough running it the regular way...

we also got to run the south oval to see if that would be possible in the motorcycle races and that was great, but way to dangerous and hitting the wall would have been pretty nasty..you couldnt just hold it wide open,like a daytona so breaking or slowing in the oval wasnt too good..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sportbike Track Time and Trackoholics both run Grattan counterclockwise. WERA also runs several of their races at Grattan backwards, too. Twisty ain't kidding about the armco in T1...you lose it and you'll be picking steel out of your teeth! Grattan also has "The Hump" and that is challenging enough when running clockwise, but when running it backwards your bike WILL wheelie right over if you don't roll off the gas first!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts