Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he has been on before in the past with some great insight, but he's been scarce lately.... :help:

·
Registered
466 Posts
He's been moving, much like us in fact, so he's had other things going on....he does some writing for us and last time I spoke with him he said he'd be online soon. He's a great resource. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
He posted up awhile back about his moving and closing down his shop and kinda changing gears, so to speak, career wise. He stops in now and then, but doesnt have the time he used to, to log in regularly.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ya he's been back for a few weeks now..but has only posted a dozen times or so!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm here....geez :D

It's true, I did close my shop and moved my family to Louisville, KY to be the General Manager of a Kawasaki and Yamaha dealership. As you can imagine, I have a heck of a learning curve catching up on all aspects of the business. Not to mention I am here to turn some things around and I have some real challenges in front of me that will keep me very busy for the next couple of years.

I'm trying to get online a little bit every night so I'll see what I can do to help out around here, just don't take it personally if it takes a couple of days for a response. Feel free to PM or email me anytime if you have specific or urgent questions. I also want to start writing for 2WT again but I have a feeling it might be a few months yet before I have the time to do it right.

Anyway, on a positive note, I will be attending dealer and industry shows on a regular basis and I'll let you guys know when I come across something cool or interesting.

Larry

BTW - I am always looking for quality employees in the Louisville, KY area.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Well u know, I'll be down at the gap next month..we might be able to take a detour on the way back and visit :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:thumbs:Good luck with the new venture, business is a tough business to be in! :cheers:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Well u know, I'll be down at the gap next month..we might be able to take a detour on the way back and visit :D
We shouldn't be too far out of the way.

Larry

·
Registered
408 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
TWF is always looking for Kawasakis and Yamahas to test. :D :lol:
We have plenty for sale :D

Besides, the mag guys get to ride new models before we even get to see pictures of them...you should be hitting those guys up.

Larry

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Ive got the perfect solution to all of this.. I'll stop by larry's..test ride some yamaha's and kawa's for him..free of charge!!! :D

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Ive got the perfect solution to all of this.. I'll stop by larry's..test ride some yamaha's and kawa's for him..free of charge!!! :D
Just remember one thing: You wreck it, you buy it. ;)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
larryg said:
I run a dealership, should I be offended that you call it a "stealership"? Think about this...what do you do for a living? If you gave away all of your products and services without making a profit, would you be able to provide for your family?
Larry... I found this in your sig on another thread. I understand your frustration but alot of the time the frustration is on both sides of the counter.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Gas Man said:
Larry... I found this in your sig on another thread. I understand your frustration but alot of the time the frustration is on both sides of the counter.
i think there is just alot of shady folks out there giving the good dealerships a bad name.. i come from a long line of used car salesmen so i know the deal.. just like the people that ride a sportbike consciencly (sp.) and for the love of the sport in a responsible manner get a bad name because of the squids that ruin it for the rest of us..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Exactly MP... I know that Larry is going to run a good dealership. But there alot out there that don't. I know that I won't go back to a few that I've been to! I find that it is harder to find a good one.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Gas Man said:

Oh, it's definitely out of frustration...and not just in here :D. The point is that this kind of mass-generalization is what causes people to walk into a dealership and assume they are going to be screwed. It's like saying a certain ethnic group is not trustworthy...

The fact of the matter is that this industry is not very profitable (nothing like the auto industry) and therefore most of the people working in it are true enthusiasts just trying to make a living. Yes, there are dishonest shops out there (both dealers and independents) but they quickly get a local reputation and word of mouth spreads fast.

I'm not saying you should do business with your local shop if you don't trust them. But if you do trust them and you get along well with them, be prepared to spend a little more money to support that kind of quality relationship.

And finally, one more little rant...
WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU EXPECT YOUR LOCAL DEALER TO INSTALL (LET ALONE CUT YOU A PRICE BREAK TO INSTALL) PARTS THAT YOU ORDERED FROM SOMEPLACE ELSE TO SAVE A COUPLE OF BUCKS? YOU DON'T BRING YOUR OWN GROUND BEEF TO McDONALD'S DO YOU?

:2cents:

Larry

1 - 20 of 28 Posts