Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"For those of you who wear full face helmets or helmets with face shields there is a simple fix for blindness caused by riding into the sun. Place about a 2 inch strip of material similar to that used for making car windows dark at the bottom of your visor. Now when you're riding into the sun you can move your visor up until it is in the way of the sun's disk and then either look through the darkened area or under it or over it, depending on how high the sun is in the sky. If that's not dark enough for you just ad another strip over the top of the first one. I've ridden thousands of miles with mine and it works great. The main reason I like this over a tinted visor is that I don't have to change visor's to ride at night. Just make sure the darkened area is out of your vision when it's dark out."

No, this isnt me, but thought it was kind of an interesting concept ?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
seems to me a tinted shield would be the easier way to go..but i can see the point I suppose, especially if u ride alot at dusk or so when the sun is going down and u dont want a tinted shield on at nite. ?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Troy Lee Designs make a nice visor sticker thing...

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Where did you see this?? On another forum. Sunglasses work fine as Shan put it or a tinted sheild. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i found it on the net and never though about doing it & wanted to see what TWF thought.

·
Registered
79 Posts
bumblebee said:
Oh My!! I am not supposed to ride with one eye closed and my hand up in front of my eyes?????

I just close both my eyes and wing it. Real exciting!! :D

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
WOW...that looks pretty cool and looks like it will work pretty well too. But I am going to stick with my smoked screen I got. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
321 Posts
My eyes are very sensitive so I use a tinted visor, sunglasses and the sunblocker. Although I haven't got one for my new helmet and I really needed it on the last trip I took.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so it clips on somehow, or its held on kinda like a static sticker would be ?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
so it clips on somehow, or its held on kinda like a static sticker would be ?

I think its like a sticker like material. Thats what it looks like and the details make it sound like. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's a little more permanent than a static sticker. You need to get it wet, move it to where you want it and then leave it over night. It stays on really well even during cleanings. When you want to take it off and move it to another visor, it comes right off and then you can put it on the new visor.

I have tried another type that actually slids in between the inner padding and the visor opening of the helmet. It stays in place even when you move the visor up and down. It worked just as good but didn't have as much surface area for defusing the sun.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Kahuna said:
It's a little more permanent than a static sticker. You need to get it wet, move it to where you want it and then leave it over night. It stays on really well even during cleanings. When you want to take it off and move it to another visor, it comes right off and then you can put it on the new visor.

I have tried another type that actually slids in between the inner padding and the visor opening of the helmet. It stays in place even when you move the visor up and down. It worked just as good but didn't have as much surface area for defusing the sun.

thanks man, just doublechecking. seems to be well worth the small amount of money.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Does anybody remember the cars from the late 40's-early 50's with the large sun visors above the windshield, on the outside of the car? Here is a sun visor for motorcycle helmets. http://www.super-visor.com/ It was rated 4 out of 5, but they took off a point because it looks dorky. But it supposedly works great. Out west, that setting sun can really blind you. For only $20, I am going to order one.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah its alittle dorky, I'll give u that, but the price isnt bad, and if it works, it works! :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts