Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to ASU right now, pursuing my degree in mechanical engineering. i got like another3-5 semester left depending on class availability and stuff. anyone else? what are you going for and where?

matt

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Long since done school..got an Assoc. for Computer Learning Center, and Penn State...but I sure wouldnt mind going back to high school though..good times!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
High school...college...

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!

SCHOOL SUCKS!!! become a ROCK STAR instead!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm working on my last class to complete my bachelor's degree; Major in accounting. Until last April I worked full-time since high school, so it's taken me a while to get through. I can't wait to get this degree and back to work though.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Becca_007 said:
I'm working on my last class to complete my bachelor's degree; Major in accounting. Until last April I worked full-time since high school, so it's taken me a while to get through. I can't wait to get this degree and back to work though.
I've been in your shoes, and the constant working does make you a bit more financially responsible, IMHO.

I'm working my Master's in Computer Tech, wireless device applications (think cell phone applications) at Purdue. IMHO, the Masters degree is easier than my Bachelors in ChemE was, but I've got a different perspective on life now, too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
one more semester to go till i get my bachelor's degree. hey, the "5 year plan" SOUNDED like a good idea.. till now and i'm sick of school.

whoever mentioned the "rockstar" thing... i'm with stupid. :lol:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Michigan State University Business/ Engineering Amum here :here:
Now looking into the MBA program, a possible Masters/ Doctorite or maybe law school.
Just not sure if I can bring myself to go back to school yet. Cause the next round is not gonna be hte same party the first round was! :cheers:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ace said:
Michigan State University Business/ Engineering Amum here :here:
Now looking into the MBA program, a possible Masters/ Doctorite or maybe law school.
Just not sure if I can bring myself to go back to school yet. Cause the next round is not gonna be hte same party the first round was! :cheers:
MBA would be a great fit with engineering if you're looking to management or project management. I suggest starting earlier rather than later, especially if you current company will cover a majority or all of your tuition and fees. I regret not having started three years sooner. Good luck!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Southern Illinois University, GGOOO Salukis!!!!! grad in accounting, working in Tally and trying to finish Graduate School at FSU. Maybe take CPA exam...We need more mechanical engineers, someone professional who can figure and pour the concrete for the lawyers!!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Im currently trying to decide if a career change is in order for me..do I stay in computers/techsupport/etc..or do I follow my dream of working on bikes..jsut so much involved with, time, money etc...tuff tuff decision.. :confused:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Been to college and done with it. Went to Dickinson Law, Fayettevile Univ., and Duke. I am in the Computer/IT/Techsupport/helping stupid ppl all day. Its not bad but I do not plan on being in this postition long. Moving up to the corporate level as soon as poss. If I had to I would go back for my MBA but only if I needed it. :)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Im currently trying to decide if a career change is in order for me..do I stay in computers/techsupport/etc..or do I follow my dream of working on bikes..jsut so much involved with, time, money etc...tuff tuff decision.. :confused:

If that is want you want to do...then do it. Don't do something that your not happy in. I bet Missy tells you this all the time. Be happy with what you want to do. We back you 100% on it. You know and I do as well you love motorcycles...get into it. Go for it and be happy. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
If that is want you want to do...then do it. Don't do something that your not happy in. I bet Missy tells you this all the time. Be happy with what you want to do. We back you 100% on it. You know and I do as well you love motorcycles...get into it. Go for it and be happy. :dthumb:

Ive got a solid job here currently :rolleyes: take that for what its worth..and I do enjoy the field alot, and can always keep learning..im with you, dont plan on being in this support role forever..maybe one day when Missy is makin her million in her salon, I'll go for it...we'll see, but its definately something I'd love to do at some point.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Got kicked out of Eastern Michigan University and I have been taking classes ever since. One of these days I will finish my damn degree. Then it is on to more degrees - once I get situated with my 3 house thing I am going to hit the books again. Things have been too damn hectic the last couple of years - before it was my job and 80 hours a week, etc. Lately it has been the ex and the kids, etc. Always something. But I plan on getting multiple degrees just to do it. I don't need a degree as I have got this far but I just want to do it to do it. Alot of morons actually think that piece of paper holds some weight or something. I have got to where I am today through hard work and more hard work. Would a degree have helped? Yeah helped me get to where I am faster so I have no clue what I am doing. No I started at the very bottom and worked my way up. I know what every single operation and part is in my business as I have touched them all and have done pretty much every job. But I don't think I will ever quit going to school - you can never stop learning.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
you screwed if u do, ur screwed if u dont..if u get a degree, they'll call you overqualified, and if you dont, they hardly even look at you these days. :skep:

real world experience is the best way to boost ur standing with an employer, but these days, in my industry, u gotta have the freekin degrees on ur resume, now more than ever.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I'm going to Indiana State for finance. I was in the Air Force 7 years and the GI Bill is paying for my education, which is absolutely wonderful. I've got 2 1/2 semesters left. Can't wait to be done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Need4Speed750 said:
you screwed if u do, ur screwed if u dont..if u get a degree, they'll call you overqualified, and if you dont, they hardly even look at you these days. :skep:

real world experience is the best way to boost ur standing with an employer, but these days, in my industry, u gotta have the freekin degrees on ur resume, now more than ever.

i'm going to try to get an internship for next summer. I currently work full time also while going full time to school too. My current job has pretty much nothing to do with my degree, but i have a feeling if i wanted to i could move up the ladder where i am at. i just don't think my current job is what i want to do for the rest of my life.

matt

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just want to go back to High school knowing what I know now. Ah the things I would do different.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts