Two Wheel Forums banner

Anyone have anodized red on their bike??

3K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
I was looking at the anodized red brake and cable levers for my bike. I have a chrome red windshield, so it may match good. Its hard to tell how red it really is by pictures. My concern is I don't want the pinkish red anodized look. I also just got some grips from Harris with CBR written on them that is red and carbon fiber. I don't know if the carbon levers will look right either. Here are the red levers I was lookin' at but the picture doesn't seem that good or maybe thats just the color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=35587&item=4535344785&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

So in short, I want your guys opinion on which ones to go with. There's some pics of my bike in the attachments. I don't have any cf right now except the grips that will be going on and maybe a set of bar ends.

Bar ends: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536569114

#5 ·
What ever you do, don't get CF bar ends.... there is a good reason your stockys are so heavy!!! They are to take away vibes in your handlebars!!! Put in a light set of aftermarkets and you will regret it!!

Also, you didn't give us a link to the CF levers!!! but I can tell you this, that the CF levers are junk! It is a alum lever with a layer of CF STICKER over it! It's not real CF...so it looks gay!! sorry, it's ok if you just want them to work and don't feel like paying retail for OEM's but they look like poo... :puke: :2cents:

I think the red ones will look GREAT on your bike... which by the way is pretty sweet lookin... love that undertail! Like you're thinking, it would look great with that speedscreen!

Would I get them... probably not, because if yours isn't cracked off and/or scratched to hell, there is no need to replace them... I would spend the money on something to go faster or more gear... but they will look good!

But those Pazzo's look HELLA SWEET!!! :drool:

#6 · (Edited)
That would be the only reason I'm getting them is just for looks. Thanks for the compliment on the bike :dthumb: Its my first one so I don't know much on the performance end. I'm hoping to meet people from on here in the spring in person and maybe learn a thing or 2. Everyone seems awesome on here and very helpful. :twfrox: I figured the bike is fast enough for me right now thats why I thought of just working on the looks. Maybe I'll just stick to the stock ends, didn't know they played a big part in vibration.

I thought the cf ones would probably be crappy, they look like vinyl over metal. I do vinyl work like make decals, graphic kits, t-shirts, etc... And that looks just like the vinyl I use. My vinyl holds up great, but couldn't imagine it on something like levers being used all the time. In that pic of the levers, it just looks pinkish red, not deep red like my windshield. And I'm wandering how easy they would scratch or wear the finish off?

Those levers posted up a couple are sweet lookin'! :thumbs: I like how they're adjustable. If I had $160 to spend on levers, get them in a second, but thats a lot for just 2 levers. Hmmmm, maybe I'll wait and get them sometime in the future, we'll see. I'm gettin' married in Oct. so you know where all my money is going for now. Just setting some off to the side for my first love...uh I mean my second love! j/k :loser:

#7 ·
Well the anadized looks that way... always will and it shouldn't loose it's color or fade... guys have been using it on their motors of hot rods for YEARS... you can also get it on sprockets and they hold up... and I doubt that your levers are getting that type of abuse!!

But you're right on the vinyl look... that is what it is... a sticker under some clear (clear if you're lucky)... that is the way the bar ends and the levers are going to if they're CF! :puke:

I understand the all looks thing on the first bike.. .very common for most people. I did that on my first one and did alot on my 9R... I've just grown out of it a bit more and am more about speed/power mods...

Glad we could help and yes, most of the people on TWF are very good!! :twfrox:

#8 · (Edited)
oopps forgot abotu the bar ends. yeah you want the heavyones. same reason i wont buy the aftermarkte clip ons i have ehard of ppl getting them and there hand vibrate like a muther.
the pazzo's also give you more adjustability plus they look very sweet, that i smy next mod. if i ever get done with the ones im doing now.

now here is something that i think would look sweet http://www.oppracing.com/products.php?id=57

i watn to get some fo them

did you ever think of doing flushmounts for the front or euro signals, or signals in ur pegs like me.

#13 ·
I was looking at front signals. I don't know if I want flush mount or not. I don't think they'll be seen good if I'm behind someone. I was lookin at some smaller signals with clear lenses. Just something with a lower profile. Just haven't done it yet cuz I don't feel like taking off the fairings right now.

I def. like the signals in the pegs zx636r! Thats is bad ass lookin! So from that pic on ebay, you guys think the anodized red ones will look alright? Think the red may be a lil'l richer in color than the pic? I'm gonna try to get to my local dealer and see what they carry for levers too. As far as speed goes, like I would do sprockets and such, but I just don't know how to do them. And when you have to pay for installation for performance parts that gets to big $$$. Buying the parts and doing your own installs isn't as bad. Like I said too, its fast enough for me now and I don't race or ride like an a$$hole. Performance is always something you can't have too much of, just not priority right now. I like to have it look different. I've seen 4 bikes same color and style as mine sittin stock, and I think...damn, changing a couple items really makes a big difference. I always have people checkin' the bike going down the road. And I guess my lid helps that too...did you guys see my helmet posted a couple months ago? If you want to see it, I'll post another pic. It looks like spiderman's head...always get awesome comments about it, though the pic doesn't show the detail thats really in it.

While I'm thinking about putting stuff on the bike...is there anything under the grips I could damage if I just cut off the old ones to install the new ones?

#14 ·
i think the red will be a deeper red when you get it.

as far as signals, no cager ever sees them anyways plus in the front you can see where your going. its in the rear you got to be seen.

trust me all you need is a tool set and a shop manual which you can get off ebay for like 5 bucks on a cd and you can do basically anythign to the bike.only thing i wouldnt recommend is ripping the actuall engine down. but the chain and sprockets are just a nut one the axel and a nut on the front sprocket and there off.

post up the helmet

#16 ·
The helmet is in the thumbnails...whatcha think?

As far as flush mounts go, the fairing kinda comes out a lil' at the top of the signal and the goes back in to flatten out...kinda hard to explain. I don't think a flush mount will work well with the way the fairing is, I don't want to have to cut it or shave it down. Just something else I'll look around for the right size and do this year probably. How about the grips...is it safe just to cut them off or is there something under them I could damage? I read how to put them on, no problem there. I saw someone saying just cut them if you don't plan on keeping them. Any other dress up mods you guys can think of from seeing the pics that would look good and stand out?

By the way, thanks for all the help and info in this thread, its much appreciated! :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.