Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably going to order a pair in a day or 2 just wanted to see what people think who wore or own the glove. I need a summer glove the one i have is warmer than i would like.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
lucky said:
I am probably going to order a pair in a day or 2 just wanted to see what people think who wore or own the glove. I need a summer glove the one i have is warmer than i would like.

No no no, dont get 'em. I know someone who HAD them and wore them out in a month. The threads and everything came loose real quickly. The ones I have, pictured on first link, are really comfortable and have a great wear period, as you can see if you go to your local dealer and look in their "Parts Unlimited" catalog. They put in there like rating on padding, comfort, wear, durability, etc. You can also try Speedwerks.com for their opinions, they won't steer you wrong man. Trust me on that one!

I have these for short gloves / summer riding :

Alpinestars S-MX Air Carbon Gloves (short) (approx. $55.95 , I paid $49.99)

But these are also nice :

Joe Rocket 2005 Nova Gloves ($59.99)

You can check this website out, they have TONS of gloves by all manufacturers. Ridegear.com

Hope it helps you out.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
You can check this website out, they have TONS of gloves by all manufacturers. Ridegear.com

Hope it helps you out.

Or talk to our friends at speedwerks.com??? DUH! :bash:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
No no no, dont get 'em. I know someone who HAD them and wore them out in a month. The threads and everything came loose real quickly. The ones I have, pictured on first link, are really comfortable and have a great wear period, as you can see if you go to your local dealer and look in their "Parts Unlimited" catalog. They put in there like rating on padding, comfort, wear, durability, etc. You can also try Speedwerks.com for their opinions, they won't steer you wrong man. Trust me on that one!

Hope it helps you out.
Um, Ace, I don't know if that says "Talk to Speedwerks.com", you know? :scratch: I'm just a simpleton!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Ive got a pair of JR phoenix gloves I bought off captain morgan last year. I wear them everytime I ride, and they show very minimal signs of wear. I bought them last fall, and wore them alot. They've been holding up great for me, no complaints.

I'd suggest since ur in PA, like me, that if you ride when its cold out, you may want to invest in a heavier pair of gloves if you dont have a pair already, because the phoenix ones, like thier mesh jacket and pants counterparts, are more for warm weather riding and my hands did tend to get quite cold in them when riding in the colder temps. I wear my icon gauntlet hooligan gloves for that type of riding.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01

Hope it helps you out.

Um, Ace, I don't know if that says "Talk to Speedwerks.com", you know? I'm just a simpleton!
Did you just quote yourself? u must think ur pretty cool huh! ;) j/k .. u know, now ur pulling a DJ doing that!! :lol:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I bought a pair of Pilot Kevlar gloves two weeks ago, and these gloves are heavy duty, they don't breathe too well in hot temps, but they are nice. I bought a pair of Icon mesh last year, they didn't last a year before I wore holes in the finger tips, and between the thumb and index finger. I ride alot of wheelies so I am constantly holding a tight grip. I think these Kevlar gloves are going to hold up for a very long time.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Did you just quote yourself? u must think ur pretty cool huh! ;) j/k .. u know, now ur pulling a DJ doing that!! :lol:

Thanks, but I don't know cause I'm original...Very original, as I'm told! Must be cause my sister like dropped me out a window and kicked me down a flight of stairs. :bonk: :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
that is pricey for a half glove!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Features and technology found in much more expensive gloves "
according to the add. I must be cheap because i thought $150 was expensive for gloves. thanks anyway.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I owned the JR phoenix gloves. They lasted less than 1 riding season. Holes in the palms in fingers from wear, the little velcro tab was ripped off one side...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just got my JR pheonix gloves from newenough.com about three weeks ago, i've been riding with them alot and so far so good.

i cant really give a testament to their longevity yet, but they are super comfy and ventilate well. So far i give them two thumbs up! :whistle:

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
We both have the Phoenix gloves for summer (and Teknic Chicane gauntlets for winter). They're pretty comfortable, but they do require a bit of break in (mainly to soften up the seams where they come into contact with your fingers). I'm still a newbie, so I cna't attest to the durability personally, but my boyfriend has been wearing them exclusively for about a year (we just picked up the Chicanes a couple months ago, so he's not worn them yet) and they've held up great. Really, no visible signs of wear at all. IMHO, great protection for the price.... :dthumb:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Ill just deal with the heat for the prices of those gloves. I get more protection from full gloves for about the same price. :2cents:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts