Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of redoing my clutch with new plates and springs. The 101 Sportbike book recommends the Barnett carbon fiber plates. Has anyone used the Barnett or EBC clutch plates? How about heavier springs? My CBR has a hydraulic clutch.

I'd also like to do the Factory Pro shift star replacement at the same time. But I don't like doing two things at once, because in case I screw up, I won't know which one is wrong.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I don't have opinions on those parts but why are you thinking of doing that??

·
Registered
955 Posts
No Worries said:
I'm thinking of redoing my clutch with new plates and springs. The 101 Sportbike book recommends the Barnett carbon fiber plates. Has anyone used the Barnett or EBC clutch plates? How about heavier springs? My CBR has a hydraulic clutch.

I'd also like to do the Factory Pro shift star replacement at the same time. But I don't like doing two things at once, because in case I screw up, I won't know which one is wrong.
I have not used the barnet carbon fiber plates but i have used barnett clutches over the years, I used the barnett kevlar friction plates when they first came out and fried them in one drag race session on my gsxr1100 (the fiber came right off the plates) so i never used barnett again...EBC are a decent clutch ...I also like to go with hearvier springs or double up on the single (cant think of the name of the belvair looking spring some bikes have)

If your bike was a suzuki i would recommend oem clutches as i have found them to be the best...Im not sure about honda's oem clutches, maybe speedwerks can answer that.....

I also agree with "if it aint slipping at all, then leave it alone" theory too....I use to go through 3 to 5 clutches a year when i was dragracing .....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just put all new fibers in mine and bead blasted the metals, heavier springs to while I was in there. Mine was slipping pretty bad though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts