Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
It's a documentary of the 03 & 04 race seasons!
Some of the best footage I have seen, great interviews with riders.
Its a must have for race fans but, it may not go over well for the non fan.
I think any real bike enthusiast would enjoy it!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep, seen it. A good watch!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeeps84 said:
It's a documentary of the 03 & 04 race seasons!
Some of the best footage I have seen, great interviews with riders.
Its a must have for race fans but, it may not go over well for the non fan.
I think any real bike enthusiast would enjoy it!
Its something only a rider would understand then and not trumped up for the masses?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have mixed feelings about it.

I bought the "preview edition". It's not even close to "On Any Sunday". Too many interviews with reporters and truck drivers. Then several month later they email me and offer me the upgraded version, and the incentive is a free t-shirt. The email nor the website offered up the price of the video. I feel since I bought the early edition, I should get some sort of discount. After all the t-shirt is just free advertising for them.

They also use the same video footage several times through the movie. I should go back and count. For example, Garry McCoy rear wheel slide coming out of a turn, at least 5 times.

I also felt there was too much of McCoy and Hopkins.

Here's the real kicker, I took it to show some non-motorcycle enthusiasts. My 12 year old nephew and my brother-in-law. Both sports freaks. Phil even attended one of my races (remember WERA at Pocono). During the movie, my bro-in-law fell asleep. And my nephew kept his face buried in a magazine. So in my limited experience it is not exciting or dramatic enough to hold the non-enthusists interest.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
yeah, if you're not a real big race fan, you probably won't like it that well. Not really "action-packed" and has a lot of interviews.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm not a huge race fan but I find their talent and speed VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I borrowed the DVD from my library. I thought it was great. The first disc is about the 2002 Grand Prix season when they all raced 500cc two strokes. Lots of race footage and the personal rivalry between Max and Valentino was interesting. There was a lot of earlier racers like Kenny Roberts, and I had forgotten about the crash that paralyzed Wayne Rainey.

The second disc was about the 2003-04 season when they switched to 900cc four strokes. It would have been better if they showed more technical stuff. The new Suzuki's seemed to crash because the computer controlling the rear malfunctioned. What was that about? It would have been perfect if they had one of the racers ride the GP bike around the track and then compare the time to a stock bike that they ride around.

·
Registered
893 Posts
AWESOME AWESOME Movie. Best racing documentary I've seen. And it just makes me love Vale even more. Such a great personality. Plus, that movie has the greatest race moment ever when Rossi flipped off Biagi while leaned over carving through a corner. I remember the day that happened...a total classic captured on tape!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Oh, yeah that was AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The little independent bike dealer I bought my KLR650 from invited me and about 6 other peoplefrom localriders.com that he rides with to his garage/business to watch it. Another guy brought his LCD projector so we saw it on a big ol' 'home movie' kind of screen in a garage full of bikes. :drool: Best place to see it! I've never been to a bike race and was blown away by the talent required for that sport. Sweet movie, though it did drag a little bit. A snoozer for people who don't get bikes, though.

·
Registered
955 Posts
gonna have to pick it up...the movie place near here doesnt have it maybe ill check out a few more, and if i cant find it ill order it...sounds good though

·
Registered
893 Posts
brockster said:
I've never been to a bike race and was blown away by the talent required for that sport.
You can't be too far from Mid-Ohio? You should definitely check out the AMA race there. Bike racing is so incredibly exhilirating to watch in person...I was blown away the first time I went and knew I had to try it. It's so much fun and definitely stress relieving! We may be running the AMA event...I've never been to Mid-O, but definitely excited to check it out. If we decide to go, I'll let you know, and I'll give you a first hand tour of racing. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts